Linux equivalent for Windows Remote Desktop Program - Suse

This is a discussion on Linux equivalent for Windows Remote Desktop Program - Suse ; I'm carrying around my Linux laptop now and I need to access a Windows Server to be able to do work for my job. What's the recommended Linux program? Also here's the kicker. At work we have a Linux server ...

  1. Linux equivalent for Windows Remote Desktop Program

    I'm carrying around my Linux laptop now and I need to access a Windows
    Server to be able to do work for my job. What's the recommended Linux
    program?

    Also here's the kicker. At work we have a Linux server as well and we
    use Tigerterm to access it. How do I get into that server from my
    Linux laptop?

    Thanks,

    Brad.

  2. Re: Linux equivalent for Windows Remote Desktop Program

    bdweiner@optonline.net wrote:
    > I'm carrying around my Linux laptop now and I need to access a Windows
    > Server to be able to do work for my job. What's the recommended Linux
    > program?

    Any RDP client will do.

    > Also here's the kicker. At work we have a Linux server as well and we
    > use Tigerterm to access it. How do I get into that server from my
    > Linux laptop?

    With Tigerterm, I guess. Though I don't seem to find the reason one
    would use that instead of SSH.

  3. Re: Linux equivalent for Windows Remote Desktop Program

    bdweiner@optonline.net turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

    > I'm carrying around my Linux laptop now and I need to access a Windows
    > Server to be able to do work for my job. What's the recommended Linux
    > program?

    As Nikos said, any RDP or VNC client will do. That depends on how the server
    is setup of course.

    Typically Windows workstations such as 2003 or 2008 have remote desktop
    (rdp) setup already.

    Of course, you'll need the IP addy and a valid login.

    I use it all the time to connect to my various machines at work.

    http://www.perfectreign.com/stuff/20...nect_lacrr.jpg

    http://www.perfectreign.com/stuff/20..._rdc_vista.jpg

    On the flip side I tend to use NXClient to connect to my linux machines.

    http://www.perfectreign.com/stuff/20...6_nxclient.jpg

    > Also here's the kicker. At work we have a Linux server as well and we
    > use Tigerterm to access it. How do I get into that server from my
    > Linux laptop?

    Konsole?

    Any terminal program will do. Tigerterm is just a terminal emulator for
    Windows, like PuTTY or Rumba. However, their site appears to be down.

    In any case, you can ssh or telnet into any linux server from any linux
    console.