suse 10.2 no login - Suse

This is a discussion on suse 10.2 no login - Suse ; running suse 10.2 , run out of space on the root from a download that I forgot to save someplace else. now when login screen up put in password and it just brings me back to login. I know the ...

  1. suse 10.2 no login

    running suse 10.2 , run out of space on the root from a download that I
    forgot to save someplace else. now when login screen up put in password and
    it just brings me back to login. I know the password for root and my login
    for they are the same. any help were to go next? thanks

  2. Re: suse 10.2 no login

    me wrote:
    > running suse 10.2 , run out of space on the root from a download that I
    > forgot to save someplace else. now when login screen up put in password and
    > it just brings me back to login. I know the password for root and my login
    > for they are the same. any help were to go next? thanks

    Try Ctrl-Alt-F1, go to the the first virtual console, and
    try logging in from there... if that works, clean out some
    stuff (e.g. rm filename, rm -rf directory-name)

  3. Re: suse 10.2 no login

    - Start up with your install CD using the Rescue system
    - Mount the root filesystem
    - Delete/clear enough filespace to solve the problem
    - Reboot live system and try again.

    Cheers Bob

    me wrote:
    > running suse 10.2 , run out of space on the root from a download that I
    > forgot to save someplace else. now when login screen up put in password and
    > it just brings me back to login. I know the password for root and my login
    > for they are the same. any help were to go next? thanks

+ Reply to Thread