how to install java development software on suse 10.3 - Suse

This is a discussion on how to install java development software on suse 10.3 - Suse ; Following the instructions on Novell's Web page doesn't work - Yast can't add ftp server... I need to install the java development kit and the mysql connector. Have found these on Packman but they don't install correctly using Yast. John ...

  1. how to install java development software on suse 10.3

    Following the instructions on Novell's Web page doesn't work - Yast
    can't add ftp server...

    I need to install the java development kit and the mysql connector.
    Have found these on Packman but they don't install correctly using Yast.

    John Sandell

  2. Re: how to install java development software on suse 10.3

    John Sandell turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

    > Following the instructions on Novell's Web page doesn't work - Yast
    > can't add ftp server...

    Have you tried a mirror?

    http://en.opensuse.org/Mirror_Selection

    Also, have you tried installing SMART and installing java from there?

    http://en.opensuse.org/Smart

    I pretty much use SMART for everything install-wise.

    > I need to install the java development kit and the mysql connector.

    > Have found these on Packman but they don't install correctly using Yast.

    That's weird.

    Excluding the mysql connector, you can install the JDK from Sun as well.

    http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp