opensuse 11.0 processor usage - Suse

This is a discussion on opensuse 11.0 processor usage - Suse ; Running 11.0 (64 bit) on a Core Duo Laptop, I see NetworkManager persistently grabbing 49% of a processor and syslog-ng also frequently grabbing 49%. wtf? The network situation is: fixed ip-address on the cable connection and the wireless is deactivated ...

  1. opensuse 11.0 processor usage

    Running 11.0 (64 bit) on a Core Duo Laptop, I see NetworkManager
    persistently grabbing 49% of a processor and syslog-ng also frequently
    grabbing 49%.

    wtf?

    The network situation is: fixed ip-address on the cable connection and
    the wireless is deactivated via an external switch.

    I see that syslog-ng has a config file but have not touched it, all
    packages are up to date.

    Any clues as to how I can stop these processes hogging the
    processors? The worst offender is definitely NetworkManager.

  2. Re: opensuse 11.0 processor usage

    Vlad_Inhaler wrote:
    > Any clues as to how I can stop these processes hogging the
    > processors? The worst offender is definitely NetworkManager.

    Don't use the networkmanager. During the installation you can select not
    to use it and use standard connection instead. I tried looking it up
    where to select the option not to use Network Manager, but the Network
    Configuration hangs on my rather large hosts file. :-/

    houghi
    | Artist : Grateful Dead
    | Song : Weather Report Suite
    | Album : Dick's Picks