different path for .xsession-errors? - Suse

This is a discussion on different path for .xsession-errors? - Suse ; Hi there, does anyone know where can I set up the path for ~/.xsession-errors? As I have a couple of boxes writing their homes to a nfs share, it would be useful if .xsession-error could be written locally. In Debian ...

  1. different path for .xsession-errors?

    Hi there,

    does anyone know where can I set up the path for ~/.xsession-errors?

    As I have a couple of boxes writing their homes to a nfs share, it would be
    useful if .xsession-error could be written locally.

    In Debian the entry is in /etc/X11/Xsession, but I can't find it in OpenSuSE
    10.3.

    TIA!

    --
    Cheerz Lars

  2. Re: different path for .xsession-errors?

    Lars Behrens wrote:
    > In Debian the entry is in /etc/X11/Xsession, but I can't find it in OpenSuSE
    > 10.3.

    This is for 10.3 as installed ON our site, but:
    for xdm and (by default) kdm as login manager:
    /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession
    for gdm (Gnome Display Manager):
    /etc/gdm/Xsession

    PS: it is quite common to use a separate "session" file in kdm,
    this then probably would be located either in
    /opt/kde3/share/config/kdm
    or /etc/kde3 (as kde4 is not functional yet in 10.3).

    The config file "kdmrc" in the former dir (opt/kde3) decides the
    location, with a "Session=" statement (and, as I said,
    in our location it is commented out so that the default location
    of /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession will be used).
    ** Eef Hartman, Delft University of Technology, dept. SSC/ICT **
    ** e-mail: E.J.M.Hartman@tudelft.nl, fax: +31-15-278 7295 **

  3. Re: different path for .xsession-errors?

    Thank you!

    --
    Cheerz Lars

+ Reply to Thread