re-drawing problem - Kde 3.5.9 openSuse 11.0 - Suse

This is a discussion on re-drawing problem - Kde 3.5.9 openSuse 11.0 - Suse ; I have recently installed openSuse 11.0 with Kde 3.5.9 on my Evesham laptop, and I am getting an odd re-drawing problem which leaves black areas on the taskbar and the window title bars. This usually comes after the screen saver ...

  1. re-drawing problem - Kde 3.5.9 openSuse 11.0

    I have recently installed openSuse 11.0 with Kde 3.5.9 on my Evesham
    laptop, and I am getting an odd re-drawing problem which leaves black
    areas on the taskbar and the window title bars. This usually comes after
    the screen saver has been in use. I don't yet know if it comes at other
    times.

    See:
    http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/phwill.../snapshot1.png

    This same machine has been running 10.3 with Kde 3 without problems, and
    before that 10.1.

    I've got an ati graphics card and used the "one-click" install for the ati
    drivers. 3D is supported and works well.

    Moving a window over the faulty window will correct the problem, as will
    hiding and re-showing the taskbar.

    Anyone else seen this problem ? Any way to fix it ?

    Thanks in advance

    Paul Williamson

  2. Re: re-drawing problem - Kde 3.5.9 openSuse 11.0

    On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 11:41:59 +0100, paul williamson wrote:

    > I have recently installed openSuse 11.0 with Kde 3.5.9 on my Evesham
    > laptop, and I am getting an odd re-drawing problem which leaves black
    > areas on the taskbar and the window title bars. This usually comes after
    > the screen saver has been in use. I don't yet know if it comes at other
    > times.
    >
    > See:
    > http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/phwill.../snapshot1.png

    A little more information on this. It seems to be connected to the 3D
    screen savers. I can get the fault to appear each time I use a 3D screen
    saver, indeed, it comes immediately after doing a "test".

    Other screen savers seem to not give the fault.

    Maybe this is a dirver fault ? If so, who do I tell, and how ?

    (I loaded the ATI drivers with "one click install".

    Paul Williamson

+ Reply to Thread