Re: My SuSE Security Icon Is Red Again. Is Linux really secure? - Suse

This is a discussion on Re: My SuSE Security Icon Is Red Again. Is Linux really secure? - Suse ; On 2005-08-24, Josh wrote: > I seem to be getting an awful many lot of Suse Security Advices. > > These are some of them. I wonder how many are out in wild that Suse has > not told about? ...

  1. Re: My SuSE Security Icon Is Red Again. Is Linux really secure?

    On 2005-08-24, Josh wrote:

    > I seem to be getting an awful many lot of Suse Security Advices.
    >
    > These are some of them. I wonder how many are out in wild that Suse has
    > not told about?
    > I don't think Linux and it's applications appear too very secure with
    > at least one alert per week average.

    You're the local paranoid, aren't you?

    You see the word security, and presume that just because there are fixes,
    the previous situation was completely unsafe ? Grow up.

    --
    The sand remembers once there was beach and sunshine
    but chip is warm too

  2. Re: My SuSE Security Icon Is Red Again. Is Linux really secure?

    Rikishi 42 writes:

    >On 2005-08-24, Josh wrote:

    >> I seem to be getting an awful many lot of Suse Security Advices.
    >>
    >> These are some of them. I wonder how many are out in wild that Suse has
    >> not told about?
    >> I don't think Linux and it's applications appear too very secure with
    >> at least one alert per week average.

    I assume you would rather have a product that never told you about
    security? That would make you feel better? Yes, SUSE and all Linux distros
    have security announcements and fixes. they have about 10,000 products in
    their release. Would you rathr they came out with fixes or kept them quiet?

    >--
    >The sand remembers once there was beach and sunshine
    >but chip is warm too
    >-- haiku from Effector Online, Volume 1, Number 6

  3. Re: My SuSE Security Icon Is Red Again. Is Linux really secure?

    Rikishi 42 wrote:
    > You're the local paranoid, aren't you?

    Nah, just trolling.

    houghi
    --
    ________________________ Open your eyes, open your mind
    | proud like a god don't pretend to be blind
    | trapped in yourself, break out instead
    http://openSUSE.org | beat the machine that works in your head

  4. Re: My SuSE Security Icon Is Red Again. Is Linux really secure?

    Rikishi 42 wrote:
    > On 2005-08-24, Josh wrote:
    >
    >> I seem to be getting an awful many lot of Suse Security Advices.
    >>
    >> These are some of them. I wonder how many are out in wild that Suse has
    >> not told about?
    >> I don't think Linux and it's applications appear too very secure with
    >> at least one alert per week average.

    > You're the local paranoid, aren't you?
    >
    > You see the word security, and presume that just because there are fixes,
    > the previous situation was completely unsafe ? Grow up.

    Well if your lucky you might get a fix for security issues on the 1st
    Tuesday of the month with Windows.

    Ram

+ Reply to Thread