K3b can't verify with 11.0 Kde 3.4 - Suse

This is a discussion on K3b can't verify with 11.0 Kde 3.4 - Suse ; This feature has worked well for several prior versions of openSUSE. I normally select verify, and it will open the drive after write, close it, and then compare the new CD/DVD to the source(s). Also, inserting a blank disk no ...

  1. K3b can't verify with 11.0 Kde 3.4

    This feature has worked well for several prior versions of openSUSE.
    I normally select verify, and it will open the drive after write, close it,
    and then compare the new CD/DVD to the source(s).

    Also, inserting a blank disk no longer starts K3b - it must be started
    manually. Inserting any disk with data on it does not open a window, bit
    it can be opened under MyComputer.

    When the disk has been written, it ejects but never closes to read and
    verify. Manually closing it makes no difference - it never starts verify.

    Apparently, K3b is not receiving any signals about the current state of the
    optical drive.

    Relevant portion of /var/log/messages:

    Aug 6 09:40:12 linux-jlb-1 kernel: ISO 9660 Extensions: Microsoft Joliet
    Level 3
    Aug 6 09:40:12 linux-jlb-1 kernel: ISO 9660 Extensions: RRIP_1991A
    Aug 6 09:40:12 linux-jlb-1 hald: mounted /dev/sr0 on behalf of uid 1000
    Aug 6 09:45:01 linux-jlb-1 hald: unmounted /dev/sr0
    from '/media/TriboxDocs' on behalf of uid 1000

    Aug 6 09:45:43 linux-jlb-1 kernel: cdrom: This disc doesn't have any tracks
    I recognize!
    Aug 6 09:51:00 linux-jlb-1 su: (to root) john on /dev/pts/3
    Aug 6 09:51:00 linux-jlb-1 su: (to root) john on /dev/pts/3
    Aug 6 09:54:29 linux-jlb-1 kernel: ISO 9660 Extensions: Microsoft Joliet
    Level 3
    Aug 6 09:54:29 linux-jlb-1 kernel: ISO 9660 Extensions: RRIP_1991A
    Aug 6 09:54:29 linux-jlb-1 hald: mounted /dev/sr0 on behalf of uid 1000

  2. Re: K3b can't verify with 11.0 Kde 3.4

    John

    No doubt not related but my 10.1 install suffered the same fate after I
    used the k3b install from packman. It would hang at verify and I/O'ing
    the drive tray didnt wake it up.

    You can change the default behaviour of what do when when a CD/DVD is
    inserted. Probably in the KDE setup somewhere! You can also select it
    from one of those "never ask me again" prompts.

    Have not tried to find out why..

    It did however solve the bad speed choice issues I was getting with DVD+RW's

    Apologies for being OyT

    Bob

    John Bowling wrote:
    > This feature has worked well for several prior versions of openSUSE.
    > I normally select verify, and it will open the drive after write, close it,
    > and then compare the new CD/DVD to the source(s).

+ Reply to Thread