kdrc vs tightvnc - Suse

This is a discussion on kdrc vs tightvnc - Suse ; Is kdrc the same as tightvnc or are they different software packages? Who could I contact regarding kdrc crashing? Thanks!...

  1. kdrc vs tightvnc

    Is kdrc the same as tightvnc or are they different software
    packages? Who could I contact regarding kdrc crashing?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: kdrc vs tightvnc

    scott turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

    > Is kdrc the same as tightvnc or are they different software
    > packages? Who could I contact regarding kdrc crashing?
    >
    > Thanks!

    KRdc uses either RDC
    (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_...top_Connection)
    or VNC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vnc) protocol to connect to a remote
    computer. It is a KDE project that handles both.

    TightVNC is a product similar in that it handles remote control but only
    does so on VNC protocol.

    Typically I use RDC to connect to a Windows computer...

    http://www.perfectreign.com/stuff/remote.jpg

    http://www.perfectreign.com/stuff/20...1_suse_rdc.jpg

    ....and VNC to connect to an openSUSE computer.