Folding at Home with ATI 4850 - Suse

This is a discussion on Folding at Home with ATI 4850 - Suse ; I have been running the Folding at Home program on my three home computers for a while. I have today bought an ATI 4850 graphics card so that I can run the program on its GPU also. This is on ...

  1. Folding at Home with ATI 4850

    I have been running the Folding at Home program on my three home computers
    for a while. I have today bought an ATI 4850 graphics card so that I can
    run the program on its GPU also. This is on openSUSE 11.0

    > ./fah6 -gpu

    Bad argument
    Bad Argument(s) received
    Folding@Home Version 6.02
    Usage: fah6 [option1] [option2] ...
    [snip]
    -gpu x Run GPU code on the specified display number
    [snip]

    I found that ./fah6 -gpu 0 and ./fah6 -gpu 1 give the same error message.
    I have been googling and found instructions for running it on a 3850 or 3870
    under MS Windows. The signal to noise on Google is not good, so I am trying
    here.

    --
    A.B.

    If at first you don't succeed, try Linux instead.

  2. Re: Folding at Home with ATI 4850

    Arthur Buse wrote:

    > I have been running the Folding at Home program on my three home computers
    > for a while. I have today bought an ATI 4850 graphics card so that I can
    > run the program on its GPU also. This is on openSUSE 11.0
    >
    >> ./fah6 -gpu

    > Bad argument
    > Bad Argument(s) received
    > Folding@Home Version 6.02
    > Usage: fah6 [option1] [option2] ...
    > [snip]
    > -gpu x Run GPU code on the specified display number
    > [snip]
    >
    > I found that ./fah6 -gpu 0 and ./fah6 -gpu 1 give the same error
    > message. I have been googling and found instructions for running it on a
    > 3850 or 3870 under MS Windows. The signal to noise on Google is not good,
    > so I am trying here.

    Pdate. After more reading, I now think that SMP folding only works with
    Linux and GPU folding only works with WinXP and Vista.

    Sorry to have troubled you.

    --
    A.B.

+ Reply to Thread