Initial KDE 4.1 impression - Suse

This is a discussion on Initial KDE 4.1 impression - Suse ; After installing KDE 4.1, my initial impression is not very positive. The terminology for putting objects on and off the screen often doesn't seem to relate to the action involved. When switching to a "traditional" menu, I wound up with ...

  1. Initial KDE 4.1 impression

    After installing KDE 4.1, my initial impression is not very positive.
    The terminology for putting objects on and off the screen often
    doesn't seem to relate to the action involved. When switching to
    a "traditional" menu, I wound up with a hierarchy of nested identical
    menus which led to nowhere. I managed to delete the whole menu, and
    then couldn't find out how to get it back. I got a wide gray bar
    across the top of the screen, and was unable to remove it.

    All in all, I was very happy to be able to exit and get back to 3.5.9
    where things are more intuitive.

    Godzilla

  2. Re: Initial KDE 4.1 impression

    Godzilla wrote:

    > After installing KDE 4.1, my initial impression is not very
    > positive. The terminology for putting objects on and off the screen
    > often doesn't seem to relate to the action involved. When switching
    > to a "traditional" menu, I wound up with a hierarchy of nested
    > identical menus which led to nowhere. I managed to delete the whole
    > menu, and then couldn't find out how to get it back. I got a wide
    > gray bar across the top of the screen, and was unable to remove it.
    >
    > All in all, I was very happy to be able to exit and get back to
    > 3.5.9 where things are more intuitive.
    >
    > Godzilla

    A strange and good benefit of having installed KDE 4.1:

    After returning to KDE 3.5.9, all of the videos now play in Firefox!
    Somehow, the plugins that were installed apply here as well. :-)

    Godzilla

  3. Re: Initial KDE 4.1 impression

    Godzilla wrote:

    > Godzilla wrote:
    >
    >> After installing KDE 4.1, my initial impression is not very
    >> positive. The terminology for putting objects on and off the screen
    >> often doesn't seem to relate to the action involved. When switching
    >> to a "traditional" menu, I wound up with a hierarchy of nested
    >> identical menus which led to nowhere. I managed to delete the whole
    >> menu, and then couldn't find out how to get it back. I got a wide
    >> gray bar across the top of the screen, and was unable to remove it.
    >>
    >> All in all, I was very happy to be able to exit and get back to
    >> 3.5.9 where things are more intuitive.
    >>
    >> Godzilla

    > A strange and good benefit of having installed KDE 4.1:
    >
    > After returning to KDE 3.5.9, all of the videos now play in Firefox!
    > Somehow, the plugins that were installed apply here as well. :-)
    >
    > Godzilla

    if you want some fun delete kde 4.1

  4. Re: Initial KDE 4.1 impression

    darklight wrote:

    > Godzilla wrote:
    >
    >> Godzilla wrote:
    >>
    >>> After installing KDE 4.1, my initial impression is not very
    >>> positive. The terminology for putting objects on and off the
    >>> screen often doesn't seem to relate to the action involved. When
    >>> switching to a "traditional" menu, I wound up with a hierarchy of
    >>> nested identical menus which led to nowhere. I managed to delete
    >>> the whole menu, and then couldn't find out how to get it back. I
    >>> got a wide gray bar across the top of the screen, and was unable
    >>> to remove it.
    >>>
    >>> All in all, I was very happy to be able to exit and get back to
    >>> 3.5.9 where things are more intuitive.
    >>>
    >>> Godzilla

    >> A strange and good benefit of having installed KDE 4.1:
    >>
    >> After returning to KDE 3.5.9, all of the videos now play in
    >> Firefox! Somehow, the plugins that were installed apply here as
    >> well. :-)
    >>
    >> Godzilla

    > if you want some fun delete kde 4.1

    If I do that, how could I watch the porno clips? ;-)

    Godzilla

+ Reply to Thread