kde-4.1 Desktop Shortcuts - Suse

This is a discussion on kde-4.1 Desktop Shortcuts - Suse ; O.K. I'm still working on my friends Fujitsu Lifebook A Series notebook and I nearly took a sledge hammer to it...literally ! Couldn't get the touchpad working with the taskbar menus and I nearly told him to get this thing ...

  1. kde-4.1 Desktop Shortcuts

    O.K. I'm still working on my friends Fujitsu Lifebook A Series notebook
    and I nearly took a sledge hammer to it...literally ! Couldn't get the
    touchpad working with the taskbar menus and I nearly told him to get this
    thing out of here. Fortunately I didn't do that and I instead installed
    kde 4.1. Unlike 4.0 the touchpad is working fine. I seem to have
    acroreader working as well as flash in both firefox and konqueror right
    out of the box ! (figuratively speaking) Only had to change the browser
    identification to mozilla to view flash sites in konqueror. Got the web
    cam working with "Cheese" after fiddling with gstreamer settings. Is
    there any other web cam program available ? Still have to set up the
    wireless card which I've never done before. Any pointers for this
    wireless newbie ? Also, how do you add a desktop shortcut on kde-4.1 ??

    Thanks for any pointers.

    Michael Soibelman

    P.S. Ramon is the owners name in the from header..

  2. Re: kde-4.1 Desktop Shortcuts

    Ramon wrote:
    > O.K. I'm still working on my friends Fujitsu Lifebook A Series notebook
    > and I nearly took a sledge hammer to it...literally ! Couldn't get the
    > touchpad working with the taskbar menus and I nearly told him to get this
    > thing out of here. Fortunately I didn't do that and I instead installed
    > kde 4.1.

    Odd. It is years that I heard that a touchpad wasn't working.

    > Unlike 4.0 the touchpad is working fine. I seem to have acroreader
    > working as well as flash in both firefox and konqueror right out of
    > the box !

    Odd as well, because the software should be the same, except for the KDE
    version.

    > (figuratively speaking) Only had to change the browser
    > identification to mozilla to view flash sites in konqueror.

    I do not use konqueror and I do not care enough to verify.

    > Got the web cam working with "Cheese" after fiddling with gstreamer
    > settings. Is there any other web cam program available ?

    I would not dare to use a webcam. Everybody will turn off their PC,
    because they will be afraid to see me by accident. There is goatse, then
    there are two girls and a cup, then a whole time of nothing and then
    there is me.

    > Still have to set up the
    > wireless card which I've never done before. Any pointers for this
    > wireless newbie ?

    I am curious as well and especialy woull like confirmation if the
    wireless on my FS is working with others. Somebody here has the same
    portable as I have and I am still waiting for confirmation.

    > Also, how do you add a desktop shortcut on kde-4.1 ??

    Do I care? ;-)

    > Thanks for any pointers.
    >
    > Michael Soibelman
    >
    > P.S. Ramon is the owners name in the from header..

    Either he has a very cool adress, or he is using a fake one and should
    add .invalid to it.

    houghi
    --
    How do you ask a man to be the last man to die in Iraq?
    How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?

  3. Re: kde-4.1 Desktop Shortcuts

    Also, how do you add a desktop shortcut on
    > kde-4.1 ??

    I just figured out how to place a shortcut on the desktop.
    Just drop it there !!! At least that's one way. I suppose using a
    terminal to create a symlink would work too...

    > Thanks for any pointers.
    >
    > Michael Soibelman
    >
    > P.S. Ramon is the owners name in the from header..

+ Reply to Thread