thunderbird - Suse

This is a discussion on thunderbird - Suse ; Hello, THe installed version (for suse 11) is n 12 dated 14/11/2007 The last version is 16. Is it normal that suse does not provide any update to version 16 ? Thank you. JMR...

  1. thunderbird

    Hello,
    THe installed version (for suse 11) is n 12 dated 14/11/2007
    The last version is 16.
    Is it normal that suse does not provide any update to version 16 ?
    Thank you.

    JMR

  2. Re: thunderbird

    JMR wrote:
    > Hello,
    > THe installed version (for suse 11) is n 12 dated 14/11/2007
    > The last version is 16.
    > Is it normal that suse does not provide any update to version 16 ?

    openSUSE provides security updates, so most likely the answer to your
    question is yes.

    houghi
    --
    How do you ask a man to be the last man to die in Iraq?
    How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?

  3. Re: thunderbird

    JMR schreef:
    > Hello,
    > THe installed version (for suse 11) is n 12 dated 14/11/2007
    > The last version is 16.
    > Is it normal that suse does not provide any update to version 16 ?
    > Thank you.

    use the Mozilla Repository in yast and you get the latest updates.
    at this moment it's 2.0.0.16-1.1

    Ian

  4. Re: thunderbird

    Ian Nendels a crit :
    > JMR schreef:
    >> Hello,
    >> THe installed version (for suse 11) is n 12 dated 14/11/2007
    >> The last version is 16.
    >> Is it normal that suse does not provide any update to version 16 ?
    >> Thank you.
    >>

    > use the Mozilla Repository in yast and you get the latest updates.
    > at this moment it's 2.0.0.16-1.1
    >
    > Ian

    Thank you, i found the rpm version and downloaded thunderbird and
    translations.
    I added the mozilla repository in yast but there is no automatic update.
    For mozilla category is YUM; for suse category is Yast and i don't know
    whether it is important or not.
    and if i try to install thunderbird it tells that it failed because it
    did not find the translations (dependency problem) and vice-versa.
    JMR

  5. Re: thunderbird

    Ian Nendels a crit :
    > JMR schreef:
    >> Hello,
    >> THe installed version (for suse 11) is n 12 dated 14/11/2007
    >> The last version is 16.
    >> Is it normal that suse does not provide any update to version 16 ?
    >> Thank you.
    >>

    > use the Mozilla Repository in yast and you get the latest updates.
    > at this moment it's 2.0.0.16-1.1
    >
    > Ian

    Finally i succeeded installing it using package installator
    The same for the last version of openoffice.
    Thank you.
    JMR

+ Reply to Thread