My old HP scanner (PSC1215) has worked happily on several installs now,
but Yast refuses to configure it on 11. It always ends up with some
variation on a theme of Yast dropping off at the end of the process
without the scanner being configured (it still shows in yast as 'not
configured). I tried booting into Unbuntu this morning and that found it.
Later I tried xsane on Suse, which seems to do its own systems scan,
found the scanner and would scan, but the thing still isnt in Yast, and
as a result Kooka doesnt find it.

As these things go, I found an old copy of what I wanted to scan anyway,
but its annoying me - anyone seen anything like this? Any pointers?