More IE competitor blocking - Suse

This is a discussion on More IE competitor blocking - Suse ; The power switch on my ISP furnished modem went from intermittent to non-functioning. I jury rigged a rubber band to hold it in the ON position for a while. After calling "tech support" and having an extended conversation with someone ...

  1. More IE competitor blocking

    The power switch on my ISP furnished modem went from intermittent to
    non-functioning. I jury rigged a rubber band to hold it in the ON
    position for a while. After calling "tech support" and having an
    extended conversation with someone with a thick accent (Mumbai?)
    he had a new modem sent out to me which arrived today.

    I thought that all that I had to do was plug it in to replace the old
    one and I would be off and running. Too optimistic. :-(
    The new modem opened my browser (Firefox) and had to be configured.
    After a couple of preliminary screens, It told me that I was using
    an "unsupported browser" and I should open Internet Explorer. Grrr!

    Another phone call to Mumbai (this time with a little lighter accent
    to decipher) got me configured and back online. Was all of this mumbo
    jumbo really needed? I think not.

    Godzilla

  2. Re: More IE competitor blocking

    godzilla@monsters.org (Godzilla) wrote in

    > After a couple of preliminary screens, It told me that I was using
    > an "unsupported browser" and I should open Internet Explorer. Grrr!

    Did it demand that you switch to IE, or merely suggest it?

    Companies which don't have unlimited test budgets test and support
    their products in the environments they think most of their customers
    use.

    --
    Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN | bert@iphouse.com

+ Reply to Thread