opening video with VLC and Mozilla or Konqueror: crash or nothing. - Suse

This is a discussion on opening video with VLC and Mozilla or Konqueror: crash or nothing. - Suse ; Can you help? I'm working with Suse 11.0 When I want to open the Dutch "old news page" http://www.novatv.nl/index.cfm?ln=nl...ortage_id=6230 and press on the sign of the tv camera on top of that page (BEKIJK ITEM) (that is below: datum: 28 ...

  1. opening video with VLC and Mozilla or Konqueror: crash or nothing.

    Can you help?

    I'm working with Suse 11.0
    When I want to open the Dutch "old news page"
    http://www.novatv.nl/index.cfm?ln=nl...ortage_id=6230
    and press on the sign of the tv camera on top of that page
    (BEKIJK ITEM)

    (that is below: datum: 28 juli 2008
    duur: ± 10 min
    makers: Willem Lust en Ankie Rechess
    reactie aan de makers)

    Mozilla Firefox 3.0-1.2 Crashes the moment the VLC screen get viewable. It
    only does crash with this website.
    When I want to see the program with Konqueror, the VLC screen does not get
    up. Kafeine and Totem don't work either, even if copy and paste the source
    of the link. (javascriptpenPlayer169('rep-6230-0')

    Thanks!
    --
    Herman

  2. Re: opening video with VLC and Mozilla or Konqueror: crash ornothing.

    On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 14:31:58 +0200, Herman typed this message:

    > Can you help?
    >
    > I'm working with Suse 11.0
    > When I want to open the Dutch "old news page"
    > www.novatv.nl/index.cfm?

    ln=nl&fuseaction=videoaudio.details&reportage_id=6230
    > and press on the sign of the tv camera on top of that page (BEKIJK ITEM)
    >
    > (that is below: datum: 28 juli 2008
    > duur: ± 10 min
    > makers: Willem Lust en Ankie Rechess
    > reactie aan de makers)
    >
    > Mozilla Firefox 3.0-1.2 Crashes the moment the VLC screen get viewable.
    > It only does crash with this website.
    > When I want to see the program with Konqueror, the VLC screen does not
    > get up. Kafeine and Totem don't work either, even if copy and paste the
    > source of the link. (javascriptpenPlayer169('rep-6230-0')
    >
    > Thanks!

    Do you have a firefox plugin for VLC? This appears to use FlashPlayer
    plugins for firefox.

    If you don't see a pop-up when you click on the movie camera icon, then
    your firefox is blocking pop-up windows.

    The (javascriptpenPlayer169('rep-6230-0') is not the url needed for
    vlc, totem or kaffeine, it opens a pop-up window that shows the video in
    FlashPlayer.

    Once the pop-up window opens, you can right click and select page info,
    media and scroll down to embedded to get the URL.

    You can try :
    http://cgi.omroep.nl/cgi-bin/streams...e/NPS_1093696/
    NPS_1099225/bb.20080728.asf?start=0:4:34.0&end=0:14:8.0;embed=1

  3. Re: opening video with VLC and Mozilla or Konqueror: crash or nothing.

    noi ance wrote:

    > On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 14:31:58 +0200, Herman typed this message:
    >
    >> Can you help?
    >>
    >> I'm working with Suse 11.0
    >> When I want to open the Dutch "old news page"
    >> www.novatv.nl/index.cfm?

    > ln=nl&fuseaction=videoaudio.details&reportage_id=6230
    >> and press on the sign of the tv camera on top of that page (BEKIJK ITEM)
    >>
    >> (that is below: datum: 28 juli 2008
    >> duur: ± 10 min
    >> makers: Willem Lust en Ankie Rechess
    >> reactie aan de makers)
    >>
    >> Mozilla Firefox 3.0-1.2 Crashes the moment the VLC screen get viewable.
    >> It only does crash with this website.
    >> When I want to see the program with Konqueror, the VLC screen does not
    >> get up. Kafeine and Totem don't work either, even if copy and paste the
    >> source of the link. (javascriptpenPlayer169('rep-6230-0')
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    > Do you have a firefox plugin for VLC? This appears to use FlashPlayer
    > plugins for firefox.
    >
    > If you don't see a pop-up when you click on the movie camera icon, then
    > your firefox is blocking pop-up windows.
    >
    > The (javascriptpenPlayer169('rep-6230-0') is not the url needed for
    > vlc, totem or kaffeine, it opens a pop-up window that shows the video in
    > FlashPlayer.
    >

    > Once the pop-up window opens, you can right click and select page info,
    > media and scroll down to embedded to get the URL.
    >
    > You can try :
    > http://cgi.omroep.nl/cgi-bin/streams...e/NPS_1093696/
    > NPS_1099225/bb.20080728.asf?start=0:4:34.0&end=0:14:8.0;embed=1

    Thank you very much. By the feedback I got here, everything works fine now!
    I apologize for posting twice. I was new with KNode...
    --
    Herman

+ Reply to Thread