OpenSuse 11.0 freezing on boot - Suse

This is a discussion on OpenSuse 11.0 freezing on boot - Suse ; My system is booting 11-0-2.6.25.11-0.1 and locks up quite early in the process with the message "Probing EDD (edd=off to disable). Adding edd=off to the boot options allows the system to boot apparently normally. What does this message actually mean ...

  1. OpenSuse 11.0 freezing on boot

    My system is booting 11-0-2.6.25.11-0.1 and locks up quite early in the
    process with the message "Probing EDD (edd=off to disable). Adding edd=off
    to the boot options allows the system to boot apparently normally. What
    does this message actually mean and any idea of what upgrade/user
    ineptitude would cause this message to start appearing?

    Is there anyway of reversing the process or permanently adding edd=off to
    the boot options so that I don't have to remember to keep adding it.

    Regards

  2. Re: OpenSuse 11.0 freezing on boot

    Vasilikon wrote:

    > Is there anyway of reversing the process or permanently adding edd=off to
    > the boot options so that I don't have to remember to keep adding it.

    Add it to the appropriate section in /boot/grub/menu.lst
    (assuming you are using grub)

    --
    Don

+ Reply to Thread