opensuse 11.0 nvidia direct rendering off - Suse

This is a discussion on opensuse 11.0 nvidia direct rendering off - Suse ; Hi, How do I turn on direct rendering in opensuse 11.0? I'm using an NVIDIA Quadro FX 1600M. glxinfo shows (sorry, had to type this in, i think this is most of the relevant information): direct rendering: no server glx ...

  1. opensuse 11.0 nvidia direct rendering off

    Hi,

    How do I turn on direct rendering in opensuse 11.0? I'm using an
    NVIDIA Quadro FX 1600M.

    glxinfo shows (sorry, had to type this in, i think this is most of the
    relevant information):

    direct rendering: no
    server glx vendor string: SGI
    server glx version string: 1.2
    client glx vendor string: SGI
    client glx version string: 1.4
    OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX indirect
    OpenGL version string: 1.4 (2.1 Mesa 7.0.3)
    glu version: 1.3

    hwinfo correctly identifies the card.

    The machine is a Dell Precision M6300 laptop.
    I'm using KDE 3.5x and the kernel version is 2.65.6-1.1-default x86_64

    Thanks for your advice (assume that I haven't tried something that may
    seem "basic").
    I'm used to using Fedora, so I may simply be missing some
    configuration tool that allows me to switch things on and off.

    Thanks,

    -Ben

  2. Re: opensuse 11.0 nvidia direct rendering off

    Benjamin wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > How do I turn on direct rendering in opensuse 11.0? I'm using an
    > NVIDIA Quadro FX 1600M.

    If you have Xinerama enabled, disable it.

  3. Re: opensuse 11.0 nvidia direct rendering off

    Turns out that I simply needed to add the NVIDIA repository to yast2,
    it automatically selected the drivers and updated. Follow the
    directions here:
    http://www.suse.de/~sndirsch/nvidia-...ler-HOWTO.html

    On Jul 28, 2:58*pm, Benjamin wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > How do I turn on direct rendering in opensuse 11.0? * I'm using an
    > NVIDIA Quadro FX 1600M.
    >
    > glxinfo shows (sorry, had to type this in, i think this is most of the
    > relevant information):
    >
    > direct rendering: no
    > server glx vendor string: SGI
    > server glx version string: 1.2
    > client glx vendor string: SGI
    > client glx version string: 1.4
    > OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX indirect
    > OpenGL version string: 1.4 (2.1 Mesa 7.0.3)
    > glu version: 1.3
    >
    > hwinfo correctly identifies the card.
    >
    > The machine is a Dell Precision M6300 laptop.
    > I'm using KDE 3.5x and the kernel version is 2.65.6-1.1-default x86_64
    >
    > Thanks for your advice (assume that I haven't tried something that may
    > seem "basic").
    > I'm used to using Fedora, so I may simply be missing some
    > configuration tool that allows me to switch things on and off.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -Ben

+ Reply to Thread