BBC IPlayer - OpenSuse 11.0 - Suse

This is a discussion on BBC IPlayer - OpenSuse 11.0 - Suse ; Is anyone else having problems getting the BBC "Listen Again" service running under their new IPlayer software. If I load up a radio program under Firefox I get nothing. If I use Konqueror I get two streams opening ( about ...

  1. BBC IPlayer - OpenSuse 11.0

    Is anyone else having problems getting the BBC "Listen Again" service
    running under their new IPlayer software. If I load up a radio program
    under Firefox I get nothing. If I use Konqueror I get two streams opening (
    about 5 seconds apart) which makes things unlistenable?

    Regards

  2. Re: BBC IPlayer - OpenSuse 11.0

    Vasilikon wrote:

    > Is anyone else having problems getting the BBC "Listen Again" service
    > running under their new IPlayer software. If I load up a radio program
    > under Firefox I get nothing. If I use Konqueror I get two streams opening
    > ( about 5 seconds apart) which makes things unlistenable?
    >
    > Regards

    On my SUSE 11.0 setup its working under Firefox and Epiphany, but with
    Konqueror I get the iPlayer window and nothing happens.

    I prefer to listen with Realplayer or Mplayer, and I like to setup all my
    favourite streams in Streamtuner so that I can access them from one place.
    It used to be easy to to this by extracting the stream URL using
    the 'Listen using stand-alone Realplayer' link. This doesn't seem to be
    visible any more.

    However, it does seem to be possible to get at the underlying stream using
    curl. At the top of the iPlayer window there is a URL, and passing that to
    curl returns fifty or so lines of text from which a *.ram URL can be
    retrieved.

    Chris Gordon-Smith
    www.simsoup.info

  3. Re: BBC IPlayer - OpenSuse 11.0

    Vasilikon wrote:

    > Is anyone else having problems getting the BBC "Listen Again" service
    > running under their new IPlayer software. If I load up a radio program
    > under Firefox I get nothing. If I use Konqueror I get two streams
    > opening ( about 5 seconds apart) which makes things unlistenable?
    >
    > Regards

    WFM - though not first time. Initially it appeared to play but without
    sound. Then I clicked 'open in a pop-out player' and it all worked -
    probably coincidence. Using FF 3.0.

    Dave
    --
    (Remove any numerics from my email address.)

+ Reply to Thread