trouble editing Fstab - Suse

This is a discussion on trouble editing Fstab - Suse ; Sea Dog wrote: > I can't get Kate or Kwrite to open from terminal to edit Fstab, > they are installed. Is there something else I can use to edit > Fstab? kdesu kwrite /etc/fstab > Also, the default font ...

  1. Re: trouble editing Fstab

    Sea Dog wrote:
    > I can't get Kate or Kwrite to open from terminal to edit Fstab,
    > they are installed. Is there something else I can use to edit
    > Fstab?

    kdesu kwrite /etc/fstab

    > Also, the default font is for the desktop small, is there a
    > way of changing it?

    KDE Control Center -> Appearance and Themes -> Fonts

  2. Re: trouble editing Fstab

    On Fri, 25 Jul 2008, Sea Dog wrote:-

    >I can't get Kate or Kwrite to open from terminal to edit Fstab,
    >they are installed.

    What error(s) are you seeing when you try?

    >Is there something else I can use to edit
    >Fstab?

    YaST partitioner, found under Hardware. Or any number of console editors
    that may or may not be installed. Both Vi(m) and Joe are usually
    installed by default, but there's also Emacs, nano, pico, etc.
    available.

    >Also, the default font is for the desktop small, is there a
    >way of changing it?

    I'm guessing you're using KDE. As my default desktop is KDE3, this is
    how I'd make changes:

    1, open the Control Centre;
    2, select Appearance & Themes;
    3, select Fonts;
    4, adjust them as required;
    5, when happy, click apply and close the Control Centre.

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    SUSE 10.1 32 | | openSUSE 10.3 32bit | openSUSE 11.0 32bit
    | openSUSE 10.2 64bit | openSUSE 10.3 64bit | openSUSE 11.0 64bit
    RISC OS 3.6 | TOS 4.02 | openSUSE 10.3 PPC | RISC OS 3.11

  3. Re: trouble editing Fstab

    Sea Dog wrote:
    > I can't get Kate or Kwrite to open from terminal to edit Fstab,
    > they are installed. Is there something else I can use to edit
    > Fstab?
    >
    > Also, the default font is for the desktop small, is there a
    > way of changing it?
    >
    > Sea Dog

    Just use file manager superuser mode or krusader superuser mode, right
    click on fstab and open with kate or gedit or emacs or whatever. Edit
    and save. A backup ~fstab will be created every time so save the
    original somewhere.

    --
    Claude Hopper ? 3 7/8

  4. trouble editing Fstab

    I can't get Kate or Kwrite to open from terminal to edit Fstab,
    they are installed. Is there something else I can use to edit
    Fstab?

    Also, the default font is for the desktop small, is there a
    way of changing it?

    Sea Dog

+ Reply to Thread