Binary newsreader that can handle nzb files? - Suse

This is a discussion on Binary newsreader that can handle nzb files? - Suse ; Anyone know of (and recommend) a news reader that can handle nzb files and SSL? Or, as an alternative, anyone set up Pan to talk through stunnel?...

  1. Binary newsreader that can handle nzb files?

    Anyone know of (and recommend) a news reader that can handle nzb files
    and SSL? Or, as an alternative, anyone set up Pan to talk through stunnel?

  2. Re: Binary newsreader that can handle nzb files?

  3. Re: Binary newsreader that can handle nzb files?

    central turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

    > Anyone know of (and recommend) a news reader that can handle nzb files
    > and SSL? Or, as an alternative, anyone set up Pan to talk through stunnel?

    I see EOS posted Klibido. I've never used it or any other news server
    through SSL directly.

    I personally use COTSE for all my online activity. www.cotse.net

    They allow for SSL/SSH connections with their service:

    https://www.cotse.net/usenet.html

    Any particular reason you need to encrypt your NNTP binary downloads?

    powered by the lizard: www.opensuse.org

  4. Re: Binary newsreader that can handle nzb files?

    * central wrote in alt.os.linux.suse:

    > Anyone know of (and recommend) a news reader that can handle nzb files
    > and SSL? Or, as an alternative, anyone set up Pan to talk through
    > stunnel?

    http://www.bnr2.org/

    no ssl though but I am sure you could use stunnel or similar.

    --
    David

  5. Re: Binary newsreader that can handle nzb files?

    On 2008-07-29, SINNER wrote:
    > * central wrote in alt.os.linux.suse:
    >
    >> Anyone know of (and recommend) a news reader that can handle nzb files
    >> and SSL? Or, as an alternative, anyone set up Pan to talk through
    >> stunnel?

    > http://www.bnr2.org/
    >
    > no ssl though but I am sure you could use stunnel or similar.

    Is this something like the usenext which looks like you can download
    pr0n from binary groups?

    http://www.usenext.com/

    Vahis
    --
    Congressman Wilson has an expression:
    "You can teach them to type, but you can't teach them to grow tits."

  6. Re: Binary newsreader that can handle nzb files?

    * Vahis wrote in alt.os.linux.suse:

    > On 2008-07-29, SINNER wrote:
    >> * central wrote in alt.os.linux.suse:
    >>
    >>> Anyone know of (and recommend) a news reader that can handle nzb
    >>> files and SSL? Or, as an alternative, anyone set up Pan to talk
    >>> through stunnel?

    >> http://www.bnr2.org/
    >>
    >> no ssl though but I am sure you could use stunnel or similar.

    > Is this something like the usenext which looks like you can download
    > pr0n from binary groups?
    >
    > http://www.usenext.com/
    >
    > Vahis

    BNR2 is a binary dowloader for Linux, how does porn have anything to do
    with it?

    --
    David

  7. Re: Binary newsreader that can handle nzb files?

    On 2008-07-29, SINNER wrote:
    > * Vahis wrote in alt.os.linux.suse:

    >>> http://www.bnr2.org/
    >>>
    >>> no ssl though but I am sure you could use stunnel or similar.

    >> Is this something like the usenext which looks like you can download
    >> pr0n from binary groups?
    >>
    >> http://www.usenext.com/
    >>
    >> Vahis

    > BNR2 is a binary dowloader for Linux, how does porn have anything to do
    > with it?

    I'll rephrase:

    Is this like the Usenext client which is seemingly used for downloading
    and putting together the pieces of binary files from the Usenet?

    This Usenext thingy looks like a windoze thing to me.

    Porn has now nothing to do with my question.

    Vahis
    --
    Training new things here:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com/gallery/v/helsinki/

  8. Re: Binary newsreader that can handle nzb files?

    * Vahis wrote in alt.os.linux.suse:

    > On 2008-07-29, SINNER wrote:
    >> * Vahis wrote in alt.os.linux.suse:

    >>> Is this something like the usenext which looks like you can download
    >>> pr0n from binary groups?
    >>>
    >>> http://www.usenext.com/
    >>>
    >>> Vahis

    >> BNR2 is a binary dowloader for Linux, how does porn have anything to
    >> do with it?

    > I'll rephrase:
    >
    > Is this like the Usenext client which is seemingly used for
    > downloading and putting together the pieces of binary files from the
    > Usenet?

    I know nothing about the Usenext client. BNR2 is nothing more than a
    news client that decodes binarys much like Klibido in KDE or Xnews in
    Windows.

    I guess I am not sure where your question is going, hopefully the above
    answers it.

    --
    David

  9. Re: Binary newsreader that can handle nzb files?

    On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 08:16:03 -0700, PerfectReign wrote:

    > central turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know of (and recommend) a news reader that can handle nzb files
    >> and SSL? Or, as an alternative, anyone set up Pan to talk through
    >> stunnel?

    > I see EOS posted Klibido. I've never used it or any other news server
    > through SSL directly.
    >
    > I personally use COTSE for all my online activity. www.cotse.net
    >
    > They allow for SSL/SSH connections with their service:
    >
    > https://www.cotse.net/usenet.html
    >
    > Any particular reason you need to encrypt your NNTP binary downloads?

    Well, I dont actually *need* to, because I'm not doing anything wrong
    (no, seriously), but, with things like this this:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07...lesharing_mou/
    happening, I feel it might be a smart idea to start soon and stay well
    off the radar. Probably the same sort of logic that sends you to cotse?

  10. Re: Binary newsreader that can handle nzb files?

    central turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

    >> https://www.cotse.net/usenet.html
    >>
    >> Any particular reason you need to encrypt your NNTP binary downloads?

    > Well, I dont actually *need* to, because I'm not doing anything wrong
    > (no, seriously), but, with things like this this:
    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07...lesharing_mou/
    > happening, I feel it might be a smart idea to start soon and stay well
    > off the radar. Probably the same sort of logic that sends you to cotse?

    moi?