Java applet sounds - Suse

This is a discussion on Java applet sounds - Suse ; Ever since re-installing 11.0 (32-bit), I've lost sounds in java applets such as games in both FF and Opera. There were there before the first time I installed it (although they were temporarily missing at first but don't ask me ...

  1. Java applet sounds

    Ever since re-installing 11.0 (32-bit), I've lost sounds in java applets
    such as games in both FF and Opera. There were there before the first time
    I installed it (although they were temporarily missing at first but don't
    ask me what caused them to "turn on" 'cause I don't have a clue). What
    association(s) do I need to make in the browsers or KDE to solve this?

    TIA

    Zach

  2. Re: Java applet sounds

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 19:58:41 -0500, Zach typed this message:

    > Ever since re-installing 11.0 (32-bit), I've lost sounds in java applets
    > such as games in both FF and Opera. There were there before the first
    > time I installed it (although they were temporarily missing at first but
    > don't ask me what caused them to "turn on" 'cause I don't have a clue).
    > What association(s) do I need to make in the browsers or KDE to solve
    > this?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Zach

    I blame PulseAudio.

    See if
    http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/Perfe...erApplications

    has a solution you can use. Also look for old sound config files in ~/

  3. Re: Java applet sounds

    On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:24:47 +0000, noi ance wrote:

    > On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 19:58:41 -0500, Zach typed this message:
    >
    >> Ever since re-installing 11.0 (32-bit), I've lost sounds in java
    >> applets such as games in both FF and Opera. There were there before
    >> the first time I installed it (although they were temporarily missing
    >> at first but don't ask me what caused them to "turn on" 'cause I don't
    >> have a clue). What association(s) do I need to make in the browsers or
    >> KDE to solve this?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> Zach

    > I blame PulseAudio.
    >
    > See if
    > http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/Perfe...erApplications
    >
    > has a solution you can use. Also look for old sound config files in ~/

    I looked up the website and it didn't give much help but do appreciate you
    posting it. The problem I'm having only occurs in KDE 3.5...when using
    4.1 or Gnome, the applets work. Oh well, it's given me more opportunity
    to explore the new KDE; so far it looks good and works fairly well, save
    for a few (relatively) minor issues which will no doubt be worked out in
    the coming weeks/months.

    Zach

+ Reply to Thread