openSUSE 11.1 released - Suse

This is a discussion on openSUSE 11.1 released - Suse ; OK, not so much the final product, Here the info: Apparently I am the only one seeding the KDE CD. So if you have bandwith to spare, download via FTP and then make it available via bittorrent. The anouncement: openSUSE ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: openSUSE 11.1 released

  1. openSUSE 11.1 released

    OK, not so much the final product, Here the info: Apparently I am the only one
    seeding the KDE CD. So if you have bandwith to spare, download via FTP and then
    make it available via bittorrent.

    The anouncement:


    openSUSE 11.1 Alpha1 is available -- but beware, this is an Alpha with very
    rough edges!

    While testing this on a Thinkpad R51, the system didn't boot after first stage
    installation. We are still looking into this issue (#411937). In addition to
    that, the default GNOME installation will complain about a missing package
    (providing gnome-session-branding)[1].

    With the current bootloader issue, using the DVDs for installing is not
    recommended, until we have a workaround. Please try the LiveCDs instead!

    openSUSE 11.1 Alpha1 GNOME LiveCDs:
    http://download.opensuse.org/distrib...iveCD-i386.iso
    http://download.opensuse.org/distrib...eCD-x86_64.iso
    openSUSE 11.1 Alpha1 KDE4 LiveCDs:
    http://download.opensuse.org/distrib...iveCD-i386.iso
    http://download.opensuse.org/distrib...eCD-x86_64.iso

    Please refer to http://software.opensuse.org/developer for further details and
    all the links.


    Happy testing,
    Christoph

    [1] missing package is available from:
    http://download.opensuse.org/distrib...Alpha1/hotfix/


    houghi
    --
    Theologians can pursuade themselves of anything. Anyone who can worship
    a trinity and insists that his religion is a monotheism can believe
    anything -- just give him time to rationalize it.
    Robert A. Heinlein, JOB: A Comedy of Justice

  2. Re: openSUSE 11.1 released

    houghi wrote:

    > Apparently I am the only one
    > seeding the KDE CD. So if you have bandwith to spare, download via FTP and
    > then make it available via bittorrent.

    [snip]

    32-bit or 64-bit ?

    --

    These lines accidentally left blank. :-)


  3. Re: openSUSE 11.1 released

    On Fri, 25 Jul 2008, Arthur Buse wrote:-

    >houghi wrote:
    >
    >> Apparently I am the only one
    >> seeding the KDE CD. So if you have bandwith to spare, download via FTP and
    >> then make it available via bittorrent.

    > [snip]
    >
    >32-bit or 64-bit ?


    At the moment there's only 2 seeding the 32bit KDE CD, one of which is
    me. Give it just over an hour and I'll be able to start seeding the
    64bit KDE CD as well.


    @houghi: way OT, but as a "just FYI", there's still interest in the
    wallpaper torrent, with one seed (me) and 10 peers. Pity there are a lot
    that just hit-and-run on it :|

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    --
    www.davjam.org/lifetype/ www.distributed.net: OGR@100Mnodes, RC5-72@15Mkeys
    SUSE 10.1 32 | | openSUSE 10.3 32bit | openSUSE 11.0 32bit
    | openSUSE 10.2 64bit | openSUSE 10.3 64bit | openSUSE 11.0 64bit
    RISC OS 3.6 | TOS 4.02 | openSUSE 10.3 PPC | RISC OS 3.11

  4. Re: openSUSE 11.1 released

    David Bolt wrote:
    > On Fri, 25 Jul 2008, Arthur Buse wrote:-
    >
    >> houghi wrote:
    >>
    >>> Apparently I am the only one
    >>> seeding the KDE CD. So if you have bandwith to spare, download via FTP and
    >>> then make it available via bittorrent.

    >> [snip]
    >>
    >> 32-bit or 64-bit ?

    >
    > At the moment there's only 2 seeding the 32bit KDE CD, one of which is
    > me. Give it just over an hour and I'll be able to start seeding the
    > 64bit KDE CD as well.
    >
    >
    > @houghi: way OT, but as a "just FYI", there's still interest in the
    > wallpaper torrent, with one seed (me) and 10 peers. Pity there are a lot
    > that just hit-and-run on it :|
    >
    > Regards,
    > David Bolt
    >


    Seeding the 32bit now. Will start seeding the 64 bit once its done
    downloading in about 10 minutes. Only a 1Mb upload connection but should
    help quite a bit. Probably better than most people's home connections I
    suppose.

    -Will

  5. Re: openSUSE 11.1 released

    David Bolt wrote:
    > @houghi: way OT, but as a "just FYI", there's still interest in the
    > wallpaper torrent, with one seed (me) and 10 peers. Pity there are a lot
    > that just hit-and-run on it :|


    I just started posting many in
    alt.binaries.pictures.wallpaper.duplicates

    houghi
    --
    The whole principle [of censorship] is wrong. It's like demanding that
    grown men live on skim milk because the baby can't have steak.
    -- Robert A. Heinlein in "The Man Who Sold the Moon"

  6. Re: openSUSE 11.1 released

    houghi wrote:

    > OK, not so much the final product, Here the info: Apparently I am the only
    > one seeding the KDE CD. So if you have bandwith to spare, download via FTP
    > and then make it available via bittorrent.
    >
    > The anouncement:
    >
    >
    > openSUSE 11.1 Alpha1 is available -- but beware, this is an Alpha with
    > very rough edges!
    >
    > While testing this on a Thinkpad R51, the system didn't boot after first
    > stage installation. We are still looking into this issue (#411937). In
    > addition to that, the default GNOME installation will complain about a
    > missing package (providing gnome-session-branding)[1].
    >
    > With the current bootloader issue, using the DVDs for installing is not
    > recommended, until we have a workaround. Please try the LiveCDs instead!
    >
    > openSUSE 11.1 Alpha1 GNOME LiveCDs:
    >

    http://download.opensuse.org/distrib...iveCD-i386.iso
    >

    http://download.opensuse.org/distrib...eCD-x86_64.iso
    > openSUSE 11.1 Alpha1 KDE4 LiveCDs:
    >

    http://download.opensuse.org/distrib...iveCD-i386.iso
    >

    http://download.opensuse.org/distrib...eCD-x86_64.iso
    >
    > Please refer to http://software.opensuse.org/developer for further details
    > and all the links.
    >
    >
    > Happy testing,
    > Christoph
    >
    > [1] missing package is available from:
    > http://download.opensuse.org/distrib...Alpha1/hotfix/
    >
    >
    > houghi



    So your post should have been labelled: openSUSE 11.1 ALPHA1 released... Not
    even a beta version.

    But thank's for the info anyway.

  7. Re: openSUSE 11.1 released

    David Bolt wrote:

    > On Fri, 25 Jul 2008, Arthur Buse wrote:-
    >
    >>houghi wrote:
    >>
    >>> Apparently I am the only one
    >>> seeding the KDE CD. So if you have bandwith to spare, download via FTP
    >>> and then make it available via bittorrent.

    >> [snip]
    >>
    >>32-bit or 64-bit ?

    >
    > At the moment there's only 2 seeding the 32bit KDE CD, one of which is
    > me. Give it just over an hour and I'll be able to start seeding the
    > 64bit KDE CD as well.


    I am seeding openSUSE-11.1-Alpha!-KDE-LiveCD-x86_64-iso
    At the moment there are 2 seeders and no leechers.
    uploaded 77 MB share ratio 0.11

    I am also seeding openSUSE-11.0-DVD-x86_64-iso
    At the moment there are 355 seeders and 151 leechers.
    uploaded 13 GB share ratio 3.15

    --
    A.B.

    "I'm sorry, I can't do that, Dave" - HAL 9000

  8. Re: openSUSE 11.1 released

    Arthur Buse wrote:
    > I am also seeding openSUSE-11.0-DVD-x86_64-iso
    > At the moment there are 355 seeders and 151 leechers.
    > uploaded 13 GB share ratio 3.15


    And this is proof that people do not read the announcement:

    http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-a.../msg00022.html

    With the current bootloader issue, using the DVDs for installing is not
    recommended, until we have a workaround. Please try the LiveCDs instead!

    houghi
    --
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done,
    and why. Then do it.
    -- Heinlein : Time Enough For Love

  9. Re: openSUSE 11.1 released

    houghi wrote:
    > Arthur Buse wrote:
    >> I am also seeding openSUSE-11.0-DVD-x86_64-iso
    >> At the moment there are 355 seeders and 151 leechers.
    >> uploaded 13 GB share ratio 3.15

    >
    > And this is proof that people do not read the announcement:
    >
    > http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-a.../msg00022.html
    >
    > With the current bootloader issue, using the DVDs for installing is not
    > recommended, until we have a workaround. Please try the LiveCDs instead!


    He said "openSUSE-11.0-DVD-x86_64-iso". "11.0".

    Unless it's a typo and he meant 11.1.

  10. Re: openSUSE 11.1 released

    Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
    >
    >
    > houghi wrote:
    >> Arthur Buse wrote:
    >>> I am also seeding openSUSE-11.0-DVD-x86_64-iso
    >>> At the moment there are 355 seeders and 151 leechers.
    >>> uploaded 13 GB share ratio 3.15

    >>
    >> And this is proof that people do not read the announcement:



    > He said "openSUSE-11.0-DVD-x86_64-iso". "11.0".


    And this is proof that people do not read.

    houghi
    --
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done,
    and why. Then do it.
    -- Heinlein : Time Enough For Love

  11. Re: openSUSE 11.1 released

    Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

    > houghi wrote:
    >> Arthur Buse wrote:
    >>> I am also seeding openSUSE-11.0-DVD-x86_64-iso
    >>> At the moment there are 355 seeders and 151 leechers.
    >>> uploaded 13 GB share ratio 3.15

    >>
    >> And this is proof that people do not read the announcement:
    >>
    >> http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-a.../msg00022.html
    >>
    >> With the current bootloader issue, using the DVDs for installing is not
    >> recommended, until we have a workaround. Please try the LiveCDs instead!

    >
    > He said "openSUSE-11.0-DVD-x86_64-iso". "11.0".
    >
    > Unless it's a typo and he meant 11.1.


    It was not a typo. I had only uploaded 77 MB of 11.1 so I was keen to point
    out that I had also uploaded 13 GB of 11.0

    The irony was fun.

    I have now uploaded 316 MB of 11.1 CD (4 seeders, no leechears) and 13.7 GB
    of 11.0 DVD (407 seeders, 194 leechers).


    --
    A.B.


+ Reply to Thread