Can't start TrueCrypt - Suse

This is a discussion on Can't start TrueCrypt - Suse ; I just installed TrueCrypt from the security repo but I can't get it started. It returns a "relocation error": > truecrypt truecrypt: relocation error: truecrypt: symbol _ZTV13wxStackWalker, version WXU_2.8 not defined in file libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0 with link time reference Is this ...

  1. Can't start TrueCrypt

    I just installed TrueCrypt from the security repo but I can't get it
    started. It returns a "relocation error":

    > truecrypt

    truecrypt: relocation error: truecrypt: symbol _ZTV13wxStackWalker,
    version WXU_2.8 not defined in file libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0 with link
    time reference

    Is this familiar to anyone? WxWidgets IS installed. I can't find very
    much on this in google.

    jc

  2. Re: Can't start TrueCrypt

    jc wrote:
    > I just installed TrueCrypt from the security repo but I can't get it
    > started. It returns a "relocation error":
    >
    > > truecrypt

    > truecrypt: relocation error: truecrypt: symbol _ZTV13wxStackWalker,
    > version WXU_2.8 not defined in file libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0 with link
    > time reference
    >
    > Is this familiar to anyone? WxWidgets IS installed. I can't find very
    > much on this in google.

    Apparently TrueCrypt doesn't work with Packman's wxWidgets. I installed
    wxGTK from the standard repo and it works now.

    jc

  3. Re: Can't start TrueCrypt

    jc wrote:
    >> > truecrypt

    >> truecrypt: relocation error: truecrypt: symbol _ZTV13wxStackWalker,
    >> version WXU_2.8 not defined in file libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0 with link
    >> time reference

    > Apparently TrueCrypt doesn't work with Packman's wxWidgets. I installed
    > wxGTK from the standard repo and it works now.

    I just wanted to say it looks like library mismatch.

    --
    Regards, Rajko
    http://en.opensuse.org/Portal needs helpful hands.

+ Reply to Thread