Gnome updater removal - Suse

This is a discussion on Gnome updater removal - Suse ; I am trying out GNOME and there is this updater. How can I remove it from the taskbar at the bottom? Also: how can I get a new desktop? houghi -- All opinions are not equal. Some are a very ...

  1. Gnome updater removal

    --
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust,
    sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

  2. Re: Gnome updater removal

    On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:07:04 +0200, houghi wrote:

    > I am trying out GNOME and there is this updater. How can I remove it
    > from the taskbar at the bottom?
    >
    > Also: how can I get a new desktop?
    >
    > houghi

    Dont have Gnome installed right now, but if its the standard suseupdater
    applet: right click / configure applet / untick "always start updater at
    login". This assumes you want it 'go away' as an updater, not just get
    rid of the icon

  3. Re: Gnome updater removal

    central wrote:

    > On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:07:04 +0200, houghi wrote:
    >
    >> I am trying out GNOME and there is this updater. How can I remove it
    >> from the taskbar at the bottom?
    >>
    >> Also: how can I get a new desktop?
    >>
    >> houghi

    > Dont have Gnome installed right now, but if its the standard suseupdater
    > applet: right click / configure applet / untick "always start updater at
    > login". This assumes you want it 'go away' as an updater, not just get
    > rid of the icon

    Nope. All I have is preferences, help and about. Prefercnes is only
    about when to show it.

    houghi
    --
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust,
    sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

  4. Re: Gnome updater removal

    On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:07:04 +0200, houghi wrote:

    > I am trying out GNOME and there is this updater. How can I remove it
    > from the taskbar at the bottom?

    Control Centre | Sessions | Startup Programs | PackageKit Update Applet

    The applet does seem to be a lot more stable than previous versions.

    --
    Rob
    To reply, remove zudo

  5. Re: Gnome updater removal

    The Doctor wrote:

    > On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:07:04 +0200, houghi wrote:
    >
    >> I am trying out GNOME and there is this updater. How can I remove it
    >> from the taskbar at the bottom?

    > Control Centre | Sessions | Startup Programs | PackageKit Update Applet

    Thanks.

    > The applet does seem to be a lot more stable than previous versions.

    To me it could be the most stable application in the world. I have no
    need for it and I think it is not something you should place on your
    desktop.

    Updates are done automagicaly and for me not by clicking on them. This
    because either the user has no rights anyway (on a multiuser system) or
    he could be away for a week and not being able to click on it anyway.

    Just a personal observation. Other people might love it that something
    flashes without them doing anything and be able to click on things.

    houghi
    | Artist : Doe Maar
    | Song : Belle hellÚne
    | Album : Hees van Ahoy CD 1