Problem with Suse11 SB Audigy 2ZS and KDE4 - Suse

This is a discussion on Problem with Suse11 SB Audigy 2ZS and KDE4 - Suse ; Hello The Problem is that my Soundblaster doesn´t play any sound at all. The driver snd_emu10k1 seems to be correctly loaded, the volume (kmix) is set but i can´t hear sound. The only "life proof" i get from the sound ...

  1. Problem with Suse11 SB Audigy 2ZS and KDE4

    Hello

    The Problem is that my Soundblaster doesn´t play any sound at all. The
    driver snd_emu10k1 seems to be correctly loaded, the volume (kmix) is set
    but i can´t hear sound.
    The only "life proof" i get from the sound device is, when i use the yast
    sound module to configure it, i can hear when the device is started ("blub"
    sound). Playing the test sound is without result.
    I get no error messages.

    I tried a newer driver and alsa+firmware from the gwdg multimedia repository
    without success.

    Has anybody an idea what i can do?

    TIA

  2. Re: Problem with Suse11 SB Audigy 2ZS and KDE4

    On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 04:13:03 -0500, hauser typed this message:

    > Hello
    >
    > The Problem is that my Soundblaster doesn´t play any sound at all. The
    > driver snd_emu10k1 seems to be correctly loaded, the volume (kmix) is
    > set but i can´t hear sound.
    > The only "life proof" i get from the sound device is, when i use the
    > yast sound module to configure it, i can hear when the device is started
    > ("blub" sound). Playing the test sound is without result. I get no error
    > messages.
    >
    > I tried a newer driver and alsa+firmware from the gwdg multimedia
    > repository without success.
    >
    > Has anybody an idea what i can do?
    >
    > TIA

    Sadly, Suse 11 uses PulseAudio to configure sound. Try detecting the
    soundcard again.

    BTW, PulseAudio works with several applications but not those using ESD
    sound like System Sounds.

  3. Re: Problem with Suse11 SB Audigy 2ZS and KDE4

    On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 05:31:36 +0000, noi ance wrote:

    > Sadly, Suse 11 uses PulseAudio to configure sound. Try detecting the
    > soundcard again.

    Strange, pulseaudio was not installed by default on my system. Nor has it
    been installed since.

    > BTW, PulseAudio works with several applications but not those using ESD
    > sound like System Sounds.

  4. Re: Problem with Suse11 SB Audigy 2ZS and KDE4

    On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 04:13:03 -0500, hauser wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > The Problem is that my Soundblaster doesn´t play any sound at all. The
    > driver snd_emu10k1 seems to be correctly loaded, the volume (kmix) is
    > set but i can´t hear sound.
    > The only "life proof" i get from the sound device is, when i use the
    > yast sound module to configure it, i can hear when the device is started
    > ("blub" sound). Playing the test sound is without result. I get no error
    > messages.
    >
    > I tried a newer driver and alsa+firmware from the gwdg multimedia
    > repository without success.
    >
    > Has anybody an idea what i can do?
    >
    > TIA

    Sound was not on with my sound blaster live.
    I had to change the master channel, I think to PCM ( I'm not on that
    system at the moment).
    Select the master channel by right click on the kmix icon.

  5. Re: Problem with Suse11 SB Audigy 2ZS and KDE4

    On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 07:25:54 +0000, graham typed this message:

    > On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 05:31:36 +0000, noi ance wrote:
    >

    >> Sadly, Suse 11 uses PulseAudio to configure sound. Try detecting the
    >> soundcard again.
    >>

    > Strange, pulseaudio was not installed by default on my system. Nor has
    > it been installed since.
    >
    >> BTW, PulseAudio works with several applications but not those using ESD
    >> sound like System Sounds.

    Probably you were lucky.

    Note again PulseAudio (which sucks) is beta packaged as finished.

  6. Thanks for the answers: Re: Problem with Suse11 SB Audigy 2ZS and KDE4

    Thanks al lot for the answers.

    How can detect the soundcard again. What i id was deleting the settings in
    yast and make a new automatic configuration with yast.

    The master channel of kmixer is PCM.

    The
    schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hello
    >
    > The Problem is that my Soundblaster doesn´t play any sound at all. The
    > driver snd_emu10k1 seems to be correctly loaded, the volume (kmix) is set
    > but i can´t hear sound.
    > The only "life proof" i get from the sound device is, when i use the yast
    > sound module to configure it, i can hear when the device is started
    > ("blub"
    > sound). Playing the test sound is without result.
    > I get no error messages.
    >
    > I tried a newer driver and alsa+firmware from the gwdg multimedia
    > repository
    > without success.
    >
    > Has anybody an idea what i can do?
    >
    > TIA