suse 11 does not like my old vanta card - Suse

This is a discussion on suse 11 does not like my old vanta card - Suse ; during installation it crashed on system configuration , so i pulled the vanta card and everything runs good . i use the vanta card on my second monitor . i know it is no longer supported with nvidias' latest drivers ...

  1. suse 11 does not like my old vanta card

    during installation it crashed on system configuration , so
    i pulled the vanta card and everything runs good .
    i use the vanta card on my second monitor . i know it is
    no longer supported with nvidias' latest drivers .

    my main video card is a GeForce fx 5200 agp .

    my question is : can i get a fx 5200 pci card and get
    everything to run with xinerama .

    i'm not going to use kde 4 .

  2. Re: suse 11 does not like my old vanta card

    Cosey Tutti wrote:

    > during installation it crashed on system configuration , so
    > i pulled the vanta card and everything runs good .
    > i use the vanta card on my second monitor . i know it is
    > no longer supported with nvidias' latest drivers .
    >
    > my main video card is a GeForce fx 5200 agp .
    >
    > my question is : can i get a fx 5200 pci card and get
    > everything to run with xinerama .
    >
    > i'm not going to use kde 4 .

    PCI cards are hard to find, so it might be better to buy a new card.
    There are many cards out there that are NVIDEA and have dual screen
    support and will cost about the same as a PCI card if you find one.

    houghi
    --
    It's people. Source code is made out of people! They're making our
    source out of people. Next thing they'll be breeding us like cattle

+ Reply to Thread