Xen kernel work with KDE? - Suse

This is a discussion on Xen kernel work with KDE? - Suse ; Xen kernel capable of running xwindows?...

  1. Xen kernel work with KDE?

    Xen kernel capable of running xwindows?

  2. Re: Xen kernel work with KDE?

    Claude Hopper wrote:

    > Xen kernel capable of running xwindows?

    Yes, of course.

    Günther

  3. Re: Xen kernel work with KDE?

    Günther Schwarz wrote:

    > Claude Hopper wrote:
    >
    >> Xen kernel capable of running xwindows?

    > Yes, of course.
    >
    > Günther

    Well, it will not start on my system neither.
    AH

  4. Re: Xen kernel work with KDE?

    Günther Schwarz wrote:
    > Claude Hopper wrote:
    >
    >> Xen kernel capable of running xwindows?

    > Yes, of course.
    >
    > Günther

    Why don't it use the same xorg.conf?

    --
    Claude Hopper ? 3 7/8

  5. Re: Xen kernel work with KDE?

    Arne Bjørn Henriksen wrote:

    > Günther Schwarz wrote:
    >
    >> Claude Hopper wrote:
    >>
    >>> Xen kernel capable of running xwindows?

    >> Yes, of course.

    > Well, it will not start on my system neither.

    I did not go too much into details, simply because it works here without
    tweaking. But dom0 does not see the very same environment as when
    booting the standard kernel. Try vga=normal as kernel parameter or any
    of the other tricks one applies in case X won't work.

    Günther

  6. Re: Xen kernel work with KDE?

    Claude Hopper wrote:
    > Günther Schwarz wrote:
    >> Claude Hopper wrote:
    >>
    >>> Xen kernel capable of running xwindows?

    >> Yes, of course.
    >>
    >> Günther

    > Why don't it use the same xorg.conf?

    I've had to use YAST (text mode) to configure the
    video card after a xen boot. Once configured should
    start xserver after that.

    bob.

+ Reply to Thread