Software RAID1 gets not recognized by YaST - Suse

This is a discussion on Software RAID1 gets not recognized by YaST - Suse ; I tried to install 11.0 in parallel on my 10.3 system. The system layout looks like this: /dev/sda1 69M /boot /dev/sda2 20G / /dev/sda3 2G swap /dev/sda4 443.6G md0 /dev/sdb1 20G /boot /dev/sdb2 443.6G md0 /dev/md0 443.6G /home The /home ...

  1. Software RAID1 gets not recognized by YaST

    I tried to install 11.0 in parallel on my 10.3 system. The system layout
    looks like this:

    /dev/sda1 69M /boot
    /dev/sda2 20G /
    /dev/sda3 2G swap
    /dev/sda4 443.6G md0
    /dev/sdb1 20G /boot
    /dev/sdb2 443.6G md0

    /dev/md0 443.6G /home

    The /home is on a raid1 and there is another 20 GB partition as the new /
    for 11.0. Starting the setup, I get from the partitioner the right
    information, but it show a RAID0 system without my 2 partition (sda4) for
    md0. I would like to use my /home in both installations, but I'm not able
    to change the RAID level.

    How can I change this level without formatting /home or how could I tell
    YAST the right RAID level?

    Thank you for any idea and best regards

    Harald

  2. Re: Software RAID1 gets not recognized by YaST

    Harald Schumacher wrote:

    Sorry this information is wrong!

    > /dev/sda1 69M /boot
    > /dev/sda2 20G /
    > /dev/sda3 2G swap
    > /dev/sda4 443.6G md0
    > /dev/sdb1 20G /boot
    > /dev/sdb2 443.6G md0
    >
    > /dev/md0 443.6G /home

    This is the correct layout:
    /dev/sda1 69M /boot
    /dev/sda2 20G /(root10.3)
    /dev/sda3 2G swap
    /dev/sda4 443.6G md0
    /dev/sdb1 20G /(root11.0)
    /dev/sdb2 443.6G md0

    /dev/md0 443.6G /home

  3. SOLVED: Software RAID1 gets not recognized by YaST

    Installing version 11 without the RAID works fine and after the first boot
    YaST recognized the RAID as RAID1 and I could mount my /home.

    Thank you fro your help

    Harald

+ Reply to Thread