11.0 Update - Suse

This is a discussion on 11.0 Update - Suse ; The laptop sound needed to be configured again after update. Now the volume control won't stay up. Every time a sound plays the volume control goes to zero. You can raise it again and hear sound but it won't stay ...

  1. 11.0 Update

    The laptop sound needed to be configured again after update. Now the volume control won't stay up. Every time a sound plays the volume control goes to zero. You can raise it again and hear sound but it won't stay put.

    Claude Hopper

    http://www.usenet.com

  2. Re: 11.0 Update

    Claude Hopper wrote:

    > The laptop sound needed to be configured again after update. Now the
    > volume control won't stay up. Every time a sound plays the volume control
    > goes to zero. You can raise it again and hear sound but it won't stay put.

    yast - hardware - sound --> more (bottom right under) --> volume
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be

  3. Re: 11.0 Update

    Claude Hopper wrote:

    > The laptop sound needed to be configured again after update. Now the volume cont

    That is about as far as I read. Please ajust your length of your lines.

    houghi
    --
    Theologians can pursuade themselves of anything. Anyone who can worship
    a trinity and insists that his religion is a monotheism can believe

  4. Re: 11.0 Update

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 21:18:28 -0500, Claude Hopper typed this message:

    > The laptop sound needed to be configured again after update. Now the
    > volume control won't stay up. Every time a sound plays the volume
    > control goes to zero. You can raise it again and hear sound but it won't
    > stay put.
    >

    > Claude Hopper

    > http://www.usenet.com

    Are you using the correct device in sound volume?

  5. Re: 11.0 Update

    noi ance wrote:
    > On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 21:18:28 -0500, Claude Hopper typed this message:
    >
    >> The laptop sound needed to be configured again after update. Now the
    >> volume control won't stay up. Every time a sound plays the volume
    >> control goes to zero. You can raise it again and hear sound but it won't
    >> stay put.
    >>

    >> Claude Hopper
    >>
    >> Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    >> ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    >> http://www.usenet.com

    > Are you using the correct device in sound volume?

    It worked in 10.3. Why not now?

    --
    Claude Hopper

    ☮ ☻ ¥

    Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

  6. Re: 11.0 Update

    Use your built in 'wraparound' control.

    "houghi" wrote in message
    > Claude Hopper wrote:
    > >

    > > The laptop sound needed to be configured again after update. Now the

    volume cont

    > That is about as far as I read. Please ajust your length of your lines.
    >
    > houghi
    > --
    > Theologians can pursuade themselves of anything. Anyone who can worship
    > a trinity and insists that his religion is a monotheism can believe
    > anything -- just give him time to rationalize it.
    > Robert A. Heinlein, JOB: A Comedy of Justice

    http://www.usenet.com

  7. Re: 11.0 Update

    Use wraparound option.

    "houghi" wrote in message
    > Claude Hopper wrote:
    > >

    > > The laptop sound needed to be configured again after update. Now the

    volume cont

    > That is about as far as I read. Please ajust your length of your lines.
    >
    > houghi
    > --
    > Theologians can pursuade themselves of anything. Anyone who can worship
    > a trinity and insists that his religion is a monotheism can believe
    > anything -- just give him time to rationalize it.
    > Robert A. Heinlein, JOB: A Comedy of Justice

    http://www.usenet.com

  8. Re: 11.0 Update

    Claude Hopper wrote:

    > Use wraparound option.

    No topposting please.

    houghi
    --
    Theologians can pursuade themselves of anything. Anyone who can worship
    a trinity and insists that his religion is a monotheism can believe
    anything -- just give him time to rationalize it.
    Robert A. Heinlein, JOB: A Comedy of Justice

  9. Re: 11.0 Update

    On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 08:00:11 -0400, Claude Hopper typed this message:

    > noi ance wrote:
    >> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 21:18:28 -0500, Claude Hopper typed this message:
    >>
    >>> The laptop sound needed to be configured again after update. Now the
    >>> volume control won't stay up. Every time a sound plays the volume
    >>> control goes to zero. You can raise it again and hear sound but it
    >>> won't stay put.
    >>>

    >>> Claude Hopper
    >>>
    >>> Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    >>> ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    >>> http://www.usenet.com

    >> Are you using the correct device in sound volume?

    > It worked in 10.3. Why not now?

    10.3 used gnome-volume-control or something. 11.0 uses Pulse-volume-
    control.

+ Reply to Thread