11.0 Problems with Desktop - Suse

This is a discussion on 11.0 Problems with Desktop - Suse ; I've upgraded to OpenSuse 11 and Kde 4. After downloading and installing the latest version of Netbeans (the java IDE) the Netbeans icon does not appear on the desktop although there is an entry in ~/Desktop. Any ideas. Regards...

  1. 11.0 Problems with Desktop

    I've upgraded to OpenSuse 11 and Kde 4. After downloading and installing the latest version of Netbeans (the java IDE) the Netbeans icon does not appear on the desktop although there is an entry in ~/Desktop. Any ideas.

    Regards

  2. Re: 11.0 Problems with Desktop

    Vasilikon wrote:

    > I've upgraded to OpenSuse 11 and Kde 4. After downloading and installing
    > the latest version of Netbeans (the java IDE) the Netbeans icon does not
    > appear on the desktop although there is an entry in ~/Desktop. Any ideas.

    Actually, this seems more generic. It looks like any program not installed via Yast that wants to put it's own icon on the desktop is failing to do so. Entries are created in ~/Desktop but they don't appear on the desktop. A workaround is to drag from ~/Desktop to the desktop but it's a PITA.

+ Reply to Thread