11.0 update not bad - Suse

This is a discussion on 11.0 update not bad - Suse ; Since then Firefox 3.0 crashes like lightening once in a while. Also the GRUB install made the Floppy as the default, why? I fixed it. -- Claude Hopper ? ? ¥...

  1. 11.0 update not bad

    --
    Claude Hopper

    ? ? ¥

  2. Re: 11.0 update not bad

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:05:20 -0400, Claude Hopper (11) 5. ? wrote:

    > Since then Firefox 3.0 crashes like lightening once in a while.

    Had some nasty freezes on my system so I deleted the Firefox config files
    (except my bookmarks!) in my home directory and reinstalled all of my
    Firefox add-ons. After that my Firefox 3 system worked fine.

    I think there were some incompatibilities...

    --
    Rob
    To reply, remove zudo

  3. Re: 11.0 update not bad

    The Doctor a pensé très fort :
    > On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:05:20 -0400, Claude Hopper (11) 5. ? wrote:
    >
    >> Since then Firefox 3.0 crashes like lightening once in a while.

    > Had some nasty freezes on my system so I deleted the Firefox config files
    > (except my bookmarks!) in my home directory and reinstalled all of my
    > Firefox add-ons. After that my Firefox 3 system worked fine.
    >
    > I think there were some incompatibilities...

    Linux cannot be compatible with Linux, because there is more than 300
    distros

    And they are different !

    --
    Amitiés à tous,

    Meyer JB
    admin@meyer.blogsite.org

  4. Re: 11.0 update not bad

    Meyer wrote:

    > The Doctor a pensé très fort :
    >> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:05:20 -0400, Claude Hopper (11) 5. ? wrote:
    >>
    >>> Since then Firefox 3.0 crashes like lightening once in a while.

    >> Had some nasty freezes on my system so I deleted the Firefox config files
    >> (except my bookmarks!) in my home directory and reinstalled all of my
    >> Firefox add-ons. After that my Firefox 3 system worked fine.
    >>
    >> I think there were some incompatibilities...

    > Linux cannot be compatible with Linux, because there is more than 300
    > distros
    >
    > And they are different !

    Just because Windows software cannot be used on different versions does not
    imply anything about Linux. Most of the 300 different versions of Linux
    are created by made by selecting which of the 3000 or more add on packages
    they want in their version, and some chose different paths for where to put
    things. Most of the distros are very minor variations of less than 8 major
    ones. Almost always, the kernal is the same for all distros created in a
    given time period, and the kernel is a major portion of the system.

    And the problems of v3 of firefox not working with v2.x of firefox add ons
    has nothing to do with Linux. They won't work properly in Windows either,
    and the add ons require updated to function.

    Don't do MS FUD here!

    John

  5. Re: 11.0 update not bad

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 22:09:59 +0200, Meyer wrote:

    >> Had some nasty freezes on my system so I deleted the Firefox config
    >> files (except my bookmarks!) in my home directory and reinstalled all
    >> of my Firefox add-ons. After that my Firefox 3 system worked fine.
    >>
    >> I think there were some incompatibilities...

    > Linux cannot be compatible with Linux, because there is more than 300
    > distros

    What are you talking about?

    I'm talking about Firefox, not Linux i.e. my Firefox config directory was
    probably cluttered with files from previous versions of Firefox.

    --
    Rob
    To reply, remove zudo

+ Reply to Thread