11.0 can't start x server on laptop - Suse

This is a discussion on 11.0 can't start x server on laptop - Suse ; Evidently the detection system is not working well for laptops in x86-64. Live CD can't start the x server. -- Claude Hopper ? ? ...

  1. 11.0 can't start x server on laptop

    --
    Claude Hopper

    ? ?

  2. Re: 11.0 can't start x server on laptop

    Claude Hopper 5 ? wrote:

    > Evidently the detection system is not working well for laptops in
    > x86-64. Live CD can't start the x server.

    Evidently it is your fault as it workt evidently well on mine,
    evidently.

    houghi
    --
    We all came out to Montreux Frank Zappa and the Mothers
    On the Lake Geneva shoreline Were at the best place around

  3. Re: 11.0 can't start x server on laptop

    houghi wrote:
    > Claude Hopper 5 ? wrote:
    >>
    >> Evidently the detection system is not working well for laptops in
    >> x86-64. Live CD can't start the x server.

    > Evidently it is your fault as it workt evidently well on mine,
    > evidently.
    >
    > houghi

    How can it me my fault, I just put the cd in and hit the reset button.
    Video detection fails because x server crashes back to the command
    prompt. I have 10.3 x-64 running fine on this laptop.

    --
    Claude Hopper

    ? ?

  4. Re: 11.0 can't start x server on laptop

    On 20 Cze, 12:46, Claude Hopper (11) 5. ?
    wrote:
    > houghi wrote:
    > > Claude Hopper 5 *? wrote:

    > >> Evidently the detection system is *not working well for laptops in
    > >> x86-64. Live CD can't start the x server.

    > > Evidently it is your fault as it workt evidently well on mine,
    > > evidently.

    > > houghi

    > How can it me my fault, I just put the cd in and hit the reset button.
    > Video detection fails because x server crashes back to the command
    > prompt. I have 10.3 x-64 running fine on this laptop.
    >
    > --
    > Claude Hopper * * * * *

    you're not the only one who had a problems with xserver on x64.....
    in my case, nor sax, nor xorgconfig could generate valid xorg
    (despite, during installation, everything was ok).
    in my case copying xorg.conf from osuse10.3 solved problem

+ Reply to Thread