lirc Susue 10.3 - Suse

This is a discussion on lirc Susue 10.3 - Suse ; Hi, I have installed and configure lirc (0.8.2-14 _64) and irkick for my Hauppauge Nova-s remote and everything works fine. Strangely enough, when I turn the PC off it doesn't anymore, upon uninstall and reinstall of lirc it works again. ...

  1. lirc Susue 10.3

    Hi,
    I have installed and configure lirc (0.8.2-14 _64) and irkick for my
    Hauppauge Nova-s remote and everything works fine. Strangely enough, when I
    turn the PC off it doesn't anymore, upon uninstall and reinstall of lirc it
    works again. When I reboot it continues to work, when I turn it off it
    stops working again.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Marty

  2. Re: lirc Susue 10.3

    Hi,

    marty wrote:

    [lirc (0.8.2-14 _64) not working after reboot]

    Did you follow the instructions in
    /usr/share/doc/packages/lirc/README.SUSE for lines
    in /etc/sysconfig/lirc, /etc/init.d/boot.local
    and running chkconfig lirc on?

    regards,
    Andreas

  3. Re: lirc Susue 10.3

    Andreas Stieger wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > marty wrote:
    >
    > [lirc (0.8.2-14 _64) not working after reboot]
    >
    > Did you follow the instructions in
    > /usr/share/doc/packages/lirc/README.SUSE for lines
    > in /etc/sysconfig/lirc, /etc/init.d/boot.local
    > and running chkconfig lirc on?
    >
    > regards,
    > Andreas

    Many thanks for that Andreas, it took a me while to
    finally get it working with the below configurations.
    Interesting is that rclirc stop/start or rclirc reload did load new
    settings, I had to restart the system to apply the changes. I think
    LIRCD_DEV_PERMISSIONS="666" was the crucial stetting.
    Cheers Marty

    /etc/sysconfig/lirc :
    ## ServiceRestart: lir
    ## Type: string
    ## Default: "660"
    #
    # permissions for /dev/lircd
    #
    LIRCD_DEV_PERMISSIONS="666"

    ## Type: string
    ## Default: "root:video"
    #
    # owner and group for /dev/lircd
    #
    LIRCD_DEV_OWNER="root:video"

    ## Type: string
    ## Default: ""
    #
    # use given driver
    #
    LIRCD_DRIVER="dev/input"

    ## Type: string
    ## Default: ""
    #
    # read from given device
    #
    LIRCD_DEVICE="/dev/input/ir"

    ## Type:
    string(lirc_bt829,lirc_gpio,lirc_i2c,lirc_it87,lir c_parallel,lirc_sir,ir-kbd-i2c,ir-kbd-gpio)
    ## Default: ""
    #
    # load given lirc driver module
    #
    LIRC_MODULE=ir-kbd-i2c

    ## Type: string
    ## Default: ""
    #
    # listen for network connections on specified port.
    # WARNING: don't use this on a machine with an internet
    # connection as lircd is running as root!
    #
    LIRCD_LISTENPORT=

    ## Type: string
    ## Default: ""
    #
    # connect lircd to specified host
    #
    LIRCD_CONNECT=

    lircd.conf :
    begin remote
    name Hauppauge
    bits 16
    eps 30
    aeps 100
    one 0 0
    zero 0 0
    pre_data 0x8001
    pre_data_bits 16
    gap 132844
    toggle_bit 0

    begin codes
    UP 0x0067
    LEFT 0x0069
    RIGHT 0x006A
    DOWN 0x006C
    OK 0x001C
    Power 0x0074
    Back 0x00AE
    Vol+ 0x0073
    Vol- 0x0072
    CH+ 0x0192
    CH- 0x0193
    1 0x0002
    2 0x0003
    3 0x0004
    4 0x0005
    5 0x0006
    6 0x0007
    7 0x0008
    8 0x0009
    9 0x000a
    0 0x000b
    Rec 0x00A7
    Go 0x0161
    TV 0x0179
    Videos 0x0189
    Music 0x0188
    Pictures 0x016F
    Guide 0x016D
    Radio 0x0181
    Menu 0x008B
    Prev-Ch 0x019C
    Mute 0x0071
    Stop 0x0080
    FRW 0x00A8
    Play 0x00CF
    FFW 0x00D0
    Skip-Back 0x00A5
    Pause 0x0077
    Skip-For 0x00A3
    Star 0x0184
    0 0x0052
    Hash 0x0172
    Red 0x018E
    Green 0x018F
    Yellow 0x0190
    Blue 0x0191
    end codes
    end remote

    51-lirc.rules :
    #
    # This is a hack since /sys info for event devices is incomplete
    #
    # Check if the name of the event device contains the string IR and
    # create the /dev/input/ir symlink.
    KERNEL=="event*", SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}=="*IR*",
    SYMLINK+="input/ir"

    # If your remote does not have 'IR' in it's name add a line like the
    # following (this one is for the Cinergy T2). You can look up the
    # name of the device in /proc/bus/input/devices
    KERNEL=="event*", SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}=="TerraTec/qanu USB2.0
    Highspeed DVB-T Receiver remote control", SYMLINK+="input/ir"

+ Reply to Thread