After looking around NZ retailers for a simple, no-frills low-cost
laptop, my wife has decided to pick up a Compaq C774TU,
http://snipurl.com/compaq774-paagal and I'm interested in opinions on
how suse-friendly it is likely to be. I was pleasantly surprised when
she agreed to my suggestion to wipe its pre-installed Vista Basic and
replace it with Linux, but I hope that there are no potential snags
that might make her regret her decision. I searched for the model here
before posting but came up blank, so any opinions on its suitability
will be welcomed.

Iíve googled this, but have come up blank, so Iím asking around a few
likely Usenet NGs to see if anybody has any experience with Linux on
this laptop. Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

--
noho ora mai
http://wordie.org/words/pieriansipist