Putting an RPM "back in the package" - Suse

This is a discussion on Putting an RPM "back in the package" - Suse ; I would like to know if this is possible and how: You have an updated RPM unpackaged on an installation of SuSE You want to use the RPM on another machine, but the RPM is no longer available online CAN ...

  1. Putting an RPM "back in the package"

    I would like to know if this is possible and how:
    You have an updated RPM unpackaged on an installation of SuSE
    You want to use the RPM on another machine, but the RPM is no
    longer available online
    CAN YOU repackage the RPM on the first machine from the files to
    a restored RPM package to transport to the other machine?
    Is this possible?
    How?

    Thanks,
    Paul
    --

  2. Re: Putting an RPM "back in the package"

    PaulRS wrote:
    > I would like to know if this is possible and how:
    > You have an updated RPM unpackaged on an installation of SuSE
    > You want to use the RPM on another machine, but the RPM is no
    > longer available online
    > CAN YOU repackage the RPM on the first machine from the files to
    > a restored RPM package to transport to the other machine?
    > Is this possible?
    > How?

    No, but checkinstall will build an RPM from the source code.

    jc

  3. Re: Putting an RPM "back in the package"

    PaulRS skrev:
    > I would like to know if this is possible and how:
    > You have an updated RPM unpackaged on an installation of SuSE
    > You want to use the RPM on another machine, but the RPM is no
    > longer available online
    > CAN YOU repackage the RPM on the first machine from the files to
    > a restored RPM package to transport to the other machine?
    > Is this possible?
    > How?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Paul

    I have no idea if and how it works but can this be what you are locking for?
    http://rpmrebuild.sourceforge.net/
    It's in the factory repository of openSUSE 11
    Inge Svensson

  4. Re: Putting an RPM "back in the package"

    On Thu, 22 May 2008 14:21:57 UTC, Inge Svensson
    wrote:

    > PaulRS skrev:
    > > I would like to know if this is possible and how:
    > > You have an updated RPM unpackaged on an installation of SuSE
    > > You want to use the RPM on another machine, but the RPM is no
    > > longer available online
    > > CAN YOU repackage the RPM on the first machine from the files to
    > > a restored RPM package to transport to the other machine?
    > > Is this possible?
    > > How?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Paul

    > I have no idea if and how it works but can this be what you are locking for?
    > http://rpmrebuild.sourceforge.net/
    > It's in the factory repository of openSUSE 11
    > Inge Svensson

    Thanks, I think this is what I was looking for . .. Paul