YOU Downloads - Suse

This is a discussion on YOU Downloads - Suse ; As you know, the SuSE Update applet checks on updates when the system is started up. Many times it is downlaoding stuff that seems to be more than simple file names for updates. My Questions: (1) What is being downloaded? ...

  1. YOU Downloads

    As you know, the SuSE Update applet checks on updates when the system
    is started up. Many times it is downlaoding stuff that seems to be
    more than simple file names for updates.
    My Questions:
    (1) What is being downloaded?
    (2) To what directories are these downloads going
    (3) Where are the files lists kept (which directory)

    Thanks,
    Paul

    --

  2. Re: YOU Downloads

    PaulRS schrieb:
    > As you know, the SuSE Update applet checks on updates when the system
    > is started up. Many times it is downlaoding stuff that seems to be
    > more than simple file names for updates.
    > My Questions:
    > (1) What is being downloaded?

    Security patches for installed software. Only *security patches* are
    downloaded (and installed) automatically, if you decided to let YOU do that
    for you.

    > (2) To what directories are these downloads going
    > (3) Where are the files lists kept (which directory)

    IIRC they are downloaded to subdirectories of /var/lib/zypp/cache. File
    lists are there, too.

    Kind regards

    Jan

+ Reply to Thread