Re: No arrows in aterm - Suse

This is a discussion on Re: No arrows in aterm - Suse ; houghi wrote: > I use aterm, because it gives me nice transparency. I know it can be > done in other terminals as well. However that is not the point. > > When using aterm, I can not ssh to ...

  1. Re: No arrows in aterm

    houghi wrote:

    > I use aterm, because it gives me nice transparency. I know it can be
    > done in other terminals as well. However that is not the point.
    >
    > When using aterm, I can not ssh to my other machine and run YaST,
    > because I can not use the arrows. When running in e.g. xterm or putty,
    > it works.
    >
    > Obviously not a huge problem, but anybody an idea on how to solve tnhis
    > _in aterm_ (Please no postings that I could use something else. I am
    > aware of that. I just want to see if I can solve it for aterm)
    >
    > houghi

    What version are you using ?? If you downloaded the latest version
    (1.0.1-1) and compiled it from source look at the log file to see
    what ./configure detected. You may want to run ./configure --help to fine
    tune your install. The arrow keys seem to work o.k. here (openSUSE-10.3).

  2. Re: No arrows in aterm

    Michael Soibelman wrote:
    > What version are you using ?? If you downloaded the latest version
    > (1.0.1-1) and compiled it from source look at the log file to see
    > what ./configure detected. You may want to run ./configure --help to fine
    > tune your install. The arrow keys seem to work o.k. here (openSUSE-10.3).

    houghi@penne : aterm -version
    aterm version 0.4.2 from 06 September 01

    So yeah, you /might/ have a point. :-D I will see that I can add it to
    the build server, so it can be downloaded from software.opensuse.org

    houghi
    | Artist : Frank Zappa
    | Song : Zoot allures
    | Album : The eyes of Osaka

  3. Re: No arrows in aterm

    houghi wrote:
    > Michael Soibelman wrote:
    >> What version are you using ?? If you downloaded the latest version
    >> (1.0.1-1) and compiled it from source look at the log file to see
    >> what ./configure detected. You may want to run ./configure --help to fine
    >> tune your install. The arrow keys seem to work o.k. here (openSUSE-10.3).

    > houghi@penne : aterm -version
    > aterm version 0.4.2 from 06 September 01
    >
    > So yeah, you /might/ have a point. :-D I will see that I can add it to
    > the build server, so it can be downloaded from software.opensuse.org

    Ok, I am completely and utterly useless as I am unable to make a spec
    file that will work with the sourcecode.

    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/packages/BUILD/aterm-1.0.1/src/graphics'
    + install -m 644 /usr/src/packages/SOURCES/aterm.wmconfig /var/tmp/aterm-1.0.1-root/etc/X11/wmconfig/aterm
    install: cannot stat `/usr/src/packages/SOURCES/aterm.wmconfig': No such file or directory
    error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.44646 (%install)

    RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.44646 (%install)
    mount: can't find / in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
    md: stopping all md devices.
    xenbus_dev_shutdown: device/console/0: Initialising != Connected, skipping
    System halted.

    I have NO idea what all that means. :-/

    houghi
    | Artist : Gerard Parmentier