web gallery creation - Suse

This is a discussion on web gallery creation - Suse ; Sometime ago (when I was on 9.0 or something) I found one of the repo supported graphics apps that had a very simple 'export to web gallery function'. I produced simple html, where clicking a thumbnail showed that picture, with ...

  1. web gallery creation

    Sometime ago (when I was on 9.0 or something) I found one of the repo
    supported graphics apps that had a very simple 'export to web gallery
    function'. I produced simple html, where clicking a thumbnail showed that
    picture, with 'forward, back and up' buttons.

    And I've forgotten what it was... Everything I've found today generates a
    frames page, thumbs on one side, main pic to the side. Anyone got any
    idea what it was? Or, indeed, why I was dumb enough to forget...? Or any
    other ideas?

  2. Re: web gallery creation

    central wrote:
    > Sometime ago (when I was on 9.0 or something) I found one of the repo
    > supported graphics apps that had a very simple 'export to web gallery
    > function'. I produced simple html, where clicking a thumbnail showed that
    > picture, with 'forward, back and up' buttons.
    >
    > And I've forgotten what it was... Everything I've found today generates a
    > frames page, thumbs on one side, main pic to the side. Anyone got any
    > idea what it was? Or, indeed, why I was dumb enough to forget...? Or any
    > other ideas?

    Place images in a directory... browse to it in Konqueror... click
    on Tools->Create Image Gallery. That might of been what you
    were thinking of.

  3. Re: web gallery creation

    On Fri, 16 May 2008 11:39:48 -0500, Chris Cox wrote:

    > central wrote:
    >> Sometime ago (when I was on 9.0 or something) I found one of the repo
    >> supported graphics apps that had a very simple 'export to web gallery
    >> function'. I produced simple html, where clicking a thumbnail showed
    >> that picture, with 'forward, back and up' buttons.
    >>
    >> And I've forgotten what it was... Everything I've found today generates
    >> a frames page, thumbs on one side, main pic to the side. Anyone got any
    >> idea what it was? Or, indeed, why I was dumb enough to forget...? Or
    >> any other ideas?

    > Place images in a directory... browse to it in Konqueror... click on
    > Tools->Create Image Gallery. That might of been what you were thinking
    > of.

    No, thats not it. I'm *sure* I found something that automatically did
    forward and back stuff as well, although this is closer to what I want
    than I get from Kphotoalbum etc. I suppose its trivial to do a quick hack
    to the html that konq generates to make images spawn in a new window,
    but, at the moment, I'm just getting frustrated with this memory of
    something which was *exactly* what I wanted! Still, I suppose I may have
    dreamt it. Thanks anyway.

  4. Re: web gallery creation

    central wrote:
    > No, thats not it. I'm *sure* I found something that automatically did
    > forward and back stuff as well, although this is closer to what I want
    > than I get from Kphotoalbum etc. I suppose its trivial to do a quick hack
    > to the html that konq generates to make images spawn in a new window,
    > but, at the moment, I'm just getting frustrated with this memory of
    > something which was *exactly* what I wanted! Still, I suppose I may have
    > dreamt it. Thanks anyway.

    I use http://jalbum.net/

    houghi
    | Artist : Dorus
    | Song : Twee Motten
    | Album : Nederlandse Tp 100

  5. Re: web gallery creation

    central wrote:

    > Sometime ago (when I was on 9.0 or something) I found one of the repo
    > supported graphics apps that had a very simple 'export to web gallery
    > function'. I produced simple html, where clicking a thumbnail showed that
    > picture, with 'forward, back and up' buttons.
    >
    > And I've forgotten what it was... Everything I've found today generates a
    > frames page, thumbs on one side, main pic to the side. Anyone got any
    > idea what it was? Or, indeed, why I was dumb enough to forget...? Or any
    > other ideas?

    Maybe Gwenview. It will create a gallery (simple html or other) which you
    can navigate in konqueror using 'Image View' mode. Forward / Back buttons
    in toolbar as you described..

  6. Re: web gallery creation

    Michael Soibelman wrote:

    > central wrote:
    >
    >> Sometime ago (when I was on 9.0 or something) I found one of the repo
    >> supported graphics apps that had a very simple 'export to web gallery
    >> function'. I produced simple html, where clicking a thumbnail showed that
    >> picture, with 'forward, back and up' buttons.
    >>
    >> And I've forgotten what it was... Everything I've found today generates a
    >> frames page, thumbs on one side, main pic to the side. Anyone got any
    >> idea what it was? Or, indeed, why I was dumb enough to forget...? Or any
    >> other ideas?

    > Maybe Gwenview. It will create a gallery (simple html or other) which you
    > can navigate in konqueror using 'Image View' mode. Forward / Back
    > buttons in toolbar as you described..

    Or perhaps you were thinking about kphotoalbum ?

  7. Re: web gallery creation

    On Fri, 16 May 2008 16:04:16 +0000, central wrote:

    > Sometime ago (when I was on 9.0 or something) I found one of the repo
    > supported graphics apps that had a very simple 'export to web gallery
    > function'. I produced simple html, where clicking a thumbnail showed
    > that picture, with 'forward, back and up' buttons.
    >
    > And I've forgotten what it was... Everything I've found today generates
    > a frames page, thumbs on one side, main pic to the side. Anyone got any
    > idea what it was? Or, indeed, why I was dumb enough to forget...? Or any
    > other ideas?

    Thanks for the suggestion guys - I suspect that either I'm not
    remembering it right, or maybe is was Konqueror, but has been subtly
    changed since I used it. Anyway, Konqueror gave me a quick and dirty to
    solve the problem, and JAlbum meantime is being looked at.
    Ta

  8. Re: web gallery creation

    On Sun, 18 May 2008 15:51:03 +0000, central wrote:

    > On Fri, 16 May 2008 16:04:16 +0000, central wrote:
    >
    >> Sometime ago (when I was on 9.0 or something) I found one of the repo
    >> supported graphics apps that had a very simple 'export to web gallery
    >> function'. I produced simple html, where clicking a thumbnail showed
    >> that picture, with 'forward, back and up' buttons.
    >>
    >> And I've forgotten what it was... Everything I've found today generates
    >> a frames page, thumbs on one side, main pic to the side. Anyone got any
    >> idea what it was? Or, indeed, why I was dumb enough to forget...? Or
    >> any other ideas?

    > Thanks for the suggestion guys - I suspect that either I'm not
    > remembering it right, or maybe is was Konqueror, but has been subtly
    > changed since I used it. Anyway, Konqueror gave me a quick and dirty to
    > solve the problem, and JAlbum meantime is being looked at. Ta

    You might check out 'imageindex' as well - that's what I use. It's rather
    simple with no gui - it just puts everything in the directory into an
    album.

+ Reply to Thread