VMWare: Gtk-WARNING wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 - Suse

This is a discussion on VMWare: Gtk-WARNING wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 - Suse ; Hello, All worked fine yesterday but today I get: ---------- (vmware-tray:16323): Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libpixmap.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 ---------- Well, I did the weekly update yesterday so I guess that will be the problem - but does anybody know what ...

  1. VMWare: Gtk-WARNING wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

    ----------
    (vmware-tray:16323): Gtk-WARNING
    **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libpixmap.so: wrong ELF class:
    ELFCLASS32
    ----------

    Well, I did the weekly update yesterday so I guess that will be the
    problem - but does anybody know what exactly when wrong this time?

    Thanks for any help.

    With Regards

    Martin

    PS: My next computer will be a Mac - My quality time is to valuable for this
    **** - I want a computer which just works.

    PPS: And of of course it's a Gkt library which wrecked the system. See:
    http://ada-programming.blogspot.com/...-gtkgnome.html
    --
    mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net

  2. segmentation fault gnome-control-center [Was: VMWare: Gtk-WARNING wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32]

    krischik@users.sourceforge.net wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > All worked fine yesterday but today I get:
    >
    > ----------
    > (vmware-tray:16323): Gtk-WARNING
    > **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libpixmap.so: wrong ELF class:
    > ELFCLASS32
    > ----------

    Well it looks like the problem runs deeper then I thought and the whole
    GNOME system is down - again:

    --------------------------------------
    >gnome-control-center

    (gnome-control-center:8511): libgnomevfs-CRITICAL **:
    gnome_vfs_get_uri_from_local_path: assertion `g_path_is_absolute
    (local_full_path)' failed

    (gnome-control-center:8511): libgnomevfs-CRITICAL **: gnome_vfs_monitor_add:
    assertion `text_uri != NULL' failed
    [1] 8511 segmentation fault gnome-control-center
    --------------------------------------

    I considered hart what I did yesterday which may have resulted in this
    problem:

    1) Weekly system update
    2) Installed Google-Earth

    Has anybody here an idea which of the two could have caused the problem and
    how to undo the mess.

    Apart from that I feel deeply disappointed in Linux and these kind of
    problems are the reason. This is not the first time that Gtk coughed it and
    I have to spend the afternoon with repair work.

    I had been with SuSE since 5.1 but now I think no more! I was allready
    planing for Mac in October and maybe I changed plan and buy one earlier.

    Martin
    --
    mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net