How to mount card-slots of network-printer? - Suse

This is a discussion on How to mount card-slots of network-printer? - Suse ; Hi there! Until today I have used my HP Photosmart C5180 printer via USB. Printing and Scanning was no problem. Also, when inserting a memory card into one of the printer-slots, they were detected right away by the hal-deamon, munted ...

  1. How to mount card-slots of network-printer?

    Hi there!

    Until today I have used my HP Photosmart C5180 printer via USB. Printing and
    Scanning was no problem. Also, when inserting a memory card into one of the
    printer-slots, they were detected right away by the hal-deamon, munted and
    a Konqueror popped up.

    Now I have attached the printer via ethernet to my WLAN router, to make
    printing easily available from the laptop, too. printing works fine,
    scanning too, but the memory cards are not recognised anymore.

    Here my question to all the fellow cracks out there:

    Is there a possibility to mount the slots as a drive within the network (the
    printer now has an IP address) ?

    And is it wishful thinking that - once again - when a card is inserted the
    hal-deamon recognises it?

    Any help is much appreciated!
    Oliver
    _________________________
    SuSE 10.3
    Registered Linux user #287760
    http://counter.li.org

  2. Re: How to mount card-slots of network-printer?

    Oliver Cromwell wrote:

    > Hi there!
    >
    > Until today I have used my HP Photosmart C5180 printer via USB. Printing
    > and Scanning was no problem. Also, when inserting a memory card into one
    > of the printer-slots, they were detected right away by the hal-deamon,
    > munted and a Konqueror popped up.
    >
    > Now I have attached the printer via ethernet to my WLAN router, to make
    > printing easily available from the laptop, too. printing works fine,
    > scanning too, but the memory cards are not recognised anymore.
    >
    > Here my question to all the fellow cracks out there:
    >
    > Is there a possibility to mount the slots as a drive within the network
    > (the printer now has an IP address) ?
    >
    > And is it wishful thinking that - once again - when a card is inserted the
    > hal-deamon recognises it?
    >
    > Any help is much appreciated!
    > Oliver

    is that possible?
    if yes, the network HP C5180 have to send out smb/nfs protocol or something
    like that. I should read the manuel for that.

    if he is sending over smb do in konqueror "smb://ip_adres"
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be

+ Reply to Thread