Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile + 11.0B2 - Suse

This is a discussion on Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile + 11.0B2 - Suse ; In the past I had some serious problems with the Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile I had bought for almost nothing. I did not realy think about it as I used it for things offline. I had not connected t to ...

  1. Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile + 11.0B2

    In the past I had some serious problems with the Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo
    Mobile I had bought for almost nothing. I did not realy think about it
    as I used it for things offline.

    I had not connected t to anything, also because I had a new ADSL2+ modem
    in use that did not have the ability to connect a second PC.

    Today I used my old ADSL2+ modem due to unrelated issues.

    I connected my Esprimo that was running an installed 11.0B2 from a USB
    key (Yeah, that works) and did a 'ping google.com' I know that is not
    the ideal tool to do a check, but lo and behold it gave an answer. :-D

    So at least with 11.0 Beta I can get online. W00t! I am now doing a
    complete install and see what happens. It should work. I know there was
    at least one person who had the same system who told me about a
    workaround for it that worked on Ubuntu.

    Thanks, for that and I did not get it to work due to lack of time, I
    guess. At least now you know that the wired works with 11.0B2, where it
    didn't with 10.3.

    Wireless I have no idea as I do not have any experience with wireless
    and do not have it myself. I will try it a bit and see if it does pick
    up something from the neighbours.
    I can not try that with friends, as none of them trust wireless or have
    no need for it.

    houghi
    | Artist : Athur Prysock
    | Song : I Was Very Tired And Lonely
    | Album : This is my beloved

  2. Re: Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile + 11.0B2

    houghi wrote:
    > Wireless I have no idea as I do not have any experience with wireless
    > and do not have it myself. I will try it a bit and see if it does pick
    > up something from the neighbours.
    > I can not try that with friends, as none of them trust wireless or have
    > no need for it.

    Well, the instalation went OK, as far as that goes for Beta. I can not
    get the Factory-OSS repo installed, so I can not install many things
    with YaST.

    I then wanted to install smart and that failed as well, because it
    needed some extra stuff, whch it could not get, because the OSS repo did
    not work.

    I am too lazy to do it all manualy and no time now to see if it is
    already logged as a bug or file or follow up the bug. :-/

    The fixed network is working.

    houghi
    | Artist : Blue Öyster Cult
    | Song : Screams
    | Album : Blue Öyster Cult

  3. Re: Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile + 11.0B2

    houghi wrote:

    > In the past I had some serious problems with the Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo
    > Mobile I had bought for almost nothing. I did not realy think about it
    > as I used it for things offline.
    >
    > I had not connected t to anything, also because I had a new ADSL2+ modem
    > in use that did not have the ability to connect a second PC.
    >
    > Today I used my old ADSL2+ modem due to unrelated issues.
    >
    > I connected my Esprimo that was running an installed 11.0B2 from a USB
    > key (Yeah, that works) and did a 'ping google.com' I know that is not
    > the ideal tool to do a check, but lo and behold it gave an answer. :-D
    >
    > So at least with 11.0 Beta I can get online. W00t! I am now doing a
    > complete install and see what happens. It should work. I know there was
    > at least one person who had the same system who told me about a
    > workaround for it that worked on Ubuntu.
    >
    > Thanks, for that and I did not get it to work due to lack of time, I
    > guess. At least now you know that the wired works with 11.0B2, where it
    > didn't with 10.3.

    Good man -- that's the news I've been waiting for, thanks!

    > Wireless I have no idea as I do not have any experience with wireless
    > and do not have it myself. I will try it a bit and see if it does pick
    > up something from the neighbours.
    > I can not try that with friends, as none of them trust wireless or have
    > no need for it.

    I shall wait for the final release before installing and then I can let
    you know whether the wireless connection works (I have a WAP to my
    firewall).

    --
    Les

+ Reply to Thread