monitor troubles with NEC LCD 22WV - Suse

This is a discussion on monitor troubles with NEC LCD 22WV - Suse ; Hello everybody, We are trying to get this display working with a Dell 755 under OpenSuSE 10.3. The graphics card we use is an onboard controller which is an Intel Q33/35 implementation. The maximum native resolution of the monitor is ...

  1. monitor troubles with NEC LCD 22WV

    Hello everybody,

    We are trying to get this display working with a Dell 755 under
    OpenSuSE 10.3. The graphics card we use is an onboard controller which
    is an Intel Q33/35 implementation.

    The maximum native resolution of the monitor is 1680x1050. When we try
    to run it in that resolution on the Linux box it paints about 2/3 of
    the screen on the right while reporting correct resolution through the
    monitor menu. I also tried configuring it as a second monitor on a
    laptop which has OpenSuSE 10.3 and Windows Vista. Under SuSE it gets
    stuck in the 1280x768 mode; under Vista - which, by the way, does not
    support 1680x1050 - it goes either in 1600x1200 (don't know how) or
    1680x1050, H: 65 KHz, V: 60 Hz.

    So the question is - what's up with all this? How do we fix it?

    Any help much appreciated.

    Boris.

  2. Re: monitor troubles with NEC LCD 22WV

    On Tue, 06 May 2008 10:57:13 -0700, borepstein@gmail.com wrote:

    > So the question is - what's up with all this? How do we fix it?

    Let me know if figure it out, I had the same exact problem and could not
    fix, s0 I went back to Ubuntu.

    --
    Jerry Maguire: Help me... help you. Help me, help you. ;-)

  3. Re: monitor troubles with NEC LCD 22WV

    borepstein@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > We are trying to get this display working with a Dell 755 under
    > OpenSuSE 10.3. The graphics card we use is an onboard controller which
    > is an Intel Q33/35 implementation.
    >
    > The maximum native resolution of the monitor is 1680x1050. When we try
    > to run it in that resolution on the Linux box it paints about 2/3 of
    > the screen on the right while reporting correct resolution through the
    > monitor menu.

    i have had this problem if monitor has auto button using it should fix the
    problem.

    example in winxp their is no problem but when i installed opensuse 10.3 and
    got round to the monitor configuration i had the above problem.

    second thing to try get a graphics card that might be a better solution
    > I also tried configuring it as a second monitor on a
    > laptop which has OpenSuSE 10.3 and Windows Vista. Under SuSE it gets
    > stuck in the 1280x768 mode; under Vista - which, by the way, does not
    > support 1680x1050 - it goes either in 1600x1200 (don't know how) or
    > 1680x1050, H: 65 KHz, V: 60 Hz.
    >
    > So the question is - what's up with all this? How do we fix it?
    >
    > Any help much appreciated.
    >
    > Boris.

  4. Re: monitor troubles with NEC LCD 22WV

    borepstein@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > We are trying to get this display working with a Dell 755 under
    > OpenSuSE 10.3. The graphics card we use is an onboard controller which
    > is an Intel Q33/35 implementation.
    >
    > The maximum native resolution of the monitor is 1680x1050. When we try
    > to run it in that resolution on the Linux box it paints about 2/3 of
    > the screen on the right while reporting correct resolution through the
    > monitor menu. I also tried configuring it as a second monitor on a
    > laptop which has OpenSuSE 10.3 and Windows Vista. Under SuSE it gets
    > stuck in the 1280x768 mode; under Vista - which, by the way, does not
    > support 1680x1050 - it goes either in 1600x1200 (don't know how) or
    > 1680x1050, H: 65 KHz, V: 60 Hz.
    >
    > So the question is - what's up with all this? How do we fix it?
    >
    > Any help much appreciated.
    >
    > Boris.

    Try manual hacking in xorg.conf which is the usual way of difficult
    configurations.
    Taco

+ Reply to Thread