Re: Internet Explorer emulator? - Suse

This is a discussion on Re: Internet Explorer emulator? - Suse ; Darrell Stec wrote: > But that requires that they purchase Winders. And none of those virtual > machines will work with many modern computers because the manufacturers do > not provide Windows disks anymore. A great many of them have ...

  1. Re: Internet Explorer emulator?

    Darrell Stec wrote:
    > But that requires that they purchase Winders. And none of those virtual
    > machines will work with many modern computers because the manufacturers do
    > not provide Windows disks anymore. A great many of them have a restoration
    > partition that wipes out the harddrive and restores the computer to its
    > pristine, just bought condition. Even if the VM is free, it is going to
    > cause an outlay of cash for the Winders disks.

    IE is not available legaly for free, or is it? I asume that officialy if
    you want to run IE, you should read the licence. No winders licence, no
    IE.

    houghi
    | Artist : Supertramp
    | Song : Rudy
    | Album : Paris

  2. Re: Internet Explorer emulator?

    houghi wrote:
    > Darrell Stec wrote:
    >> But that requires that they purchase Winders. And none of those virtual
    >> machines will work with many modern computers because the manufacturers do
    >> not provide Windows disks anymore. A great many of them have a restoration
    >> partition that wipes out the harddrive and restores the computer to its
    >> pristine, just bought condition. Even if the VM is free, it is going to
    >> cause an outlay of cash for the Winders disks.

    > IE is not available legaly for free, or is it? I asume that officialy if
    > you want to run IE, you should read the licence. No winders licence, no
    > IE.

    Question is, who cares?

  3. Re: Internet Explorer emulator?

    Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
    >> IE is not available legaly for free, or is it? I asume that officialy if
    >> you want to run IE, you should read the licence. No winders licence, no
    >> IE.

    > Question is, who cares?

    Apparently Darrell Stec

    houghi
    | Artist : Gerard Parmentier
    | Song : Finale. Allegro con fuoco
    | Album : Johannes Brahms

  4. Re: Internet Explorer emulator?

    houghi wrote:

    > Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
    >>> IE is not available legaly for free, or is it? I asume that officialy if
    >>> you want to run IE, you should read the licence. No winders licence, no
    >>> IE.

    >> Question is, who cares?

    > Apparently Darrell Stec
    >
    > houghi

    I knew the answer. And yes IE is free. What is not free is the Windows OS
    to run it on if one uses VM. It was not I who cared but rather Riberto who
    needed to use it for his job.

    Besides web developers have to care because they have to test their code
    with as many browsers and/or operating systems as possible.

    --
    Later,
    Darrell Stec darstec@neo.rr.com

    Webpage Sorcery