add repositories - Suse

This is a discussion on add repositories - Suse ; I am using Open SuSE 10.3. How do I add software repositories so that I can download things like Thunderbird, etc...?...

  1. add repositories

    I am using Open SuSE 10.3. How do I add software repositories so that I
    can download things like Thunderbird, etc...?

  2. Re: add repositories

    Joe Hallenbeck wrote:
    > I am using Open SuSE 10.3. How do I add software repositories so that I
    > can download things like Thunderbird, etc...?

    Launch YaST2, then click on Community Repositories then select whatever
    repositories you want. The "openSUSE BuildService - Mozilla" should be
    the repository you require for Thunderbird.

  3. Re: add repositories

    class_a, at class_a@comcast.net, wrote on Sunday 04 May 2008 07:57 pm:

    > Joe Hallenbeck wrote:
    >> I am using Open SuSE 10.3. How do I add software repositories so that I
    >> can download things like Thunderbird, etc...?

    > Launch YaST2, then click on Community Repositories then select whatever
    > repositories you want. The "openSUSE BuildService - Mozilla" should be
    > the repository you require for Thunderbird.

    Take a read of this for a good overall start:
    http://www.softwareinreview.com/linu...suse_10.3.html

    --
    It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word.
    -- Andrew Jackson

  4. Re: add repositories

    Joe Hallenbeck wrote:
    > I am using Open SuSE 10.3. How do I add software repositories so that I
    > can download things like Thunderbird, etc...?

    1) It is openSUSE
    2) YaST, Software, Software Repositories.

    houghi
    | Artist : 21 Maanserenade
    | Song : Marty Robins
    | Album : Nederlandse Top 100

  5. Re: add repositories

    Joe Hallenbeck wrote:

    > I am using Open SuSE 10.3. How do I add software repositories so that I
    > can download things like Thunderbird, etc...?

    yast - software - softwaresources - add url
    http://users.telenet.be/photo-memori...arebronnen.png

    packman, many software:
    http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/packman/suse/10.3
    for mozilla software: