zypper seems to have stopped working - Suse

This is a discussion on zypper seems to have stopped working - Suse ; zypper seems to have stopped working . Instead I see Suse updater in my launch bar but there are never any updates. Only thing I can think of is some update by zypper broke it or mybe some suse updater?? ...

  1. zypper seems to have stopped working

    zypper seems to have stopped working . Instead I see Suse updater in my
    launch bar but there are never any updates. Only thing I can think of is
    some update by zypper broke it or mybe some suse updater??

    Liked zypper kept me up to date and made installing new programs easier from
    repo's.

    Did try re installing zypper but that hasn't worked??

    Bob

  2. Re: zypper seems to have stopped working

    On Sun, 04 May 2008 19:34:54 +0000, bob typed this message:

    > zypper seems to have stopped working . Instead I see Suse updater in my
    > launch bar but there are never any updates. Only thing I can think of is
    > some update by zypper broke it or mybe some suse updater??
    >
    > Liked zypper kept me up to date and made installing new programs easier
    > from repo's.
    >
    > Did try re installing zypper but that hasn't worked??
    >
    > Bob

    Have you tried launching zypper from the command line?

    zypper info
    zypper list-updates
    sudo zypper patches
    sudo zypper install pkg-names