Windows Mobile 6 Sync KMail - Files - Amarok - Suse

This is a discussion on Windows Mobile 6 Sync KMail - Files - Amarok - Suse ; I'm in the unfortunate position of having to replace my PDA/Phone because of hardware failure - cracked/busted joint makes the headhpone socket perminatly think there is a headset plugged in, so the phone is basicly muted 100% of the time. ...

  1. Windows Mobile 6 Sync KMail - Files - Amarok

    I'm in the unfortunate position of having to replace my PDA/Phone because of
    hardware failure - cracked/busted joint makes the headhpone socket
    perminatly think there is a headset plugged in, so the phone is basicly
    muted 100% of the time. Quote is or more than my insurance excess to fix.

    I'm currently using a Palm Treo 650 and OpenSuse 10.2 and syncs fine with
    KMail, but as a replacement phone, Vodafone here in New Zealand are only
    offering the Treo 500 or Treo 750 as replacement for my 650 under insurance
    as they don't have any PalmOS devices on sale. I feel like I've just wasted
    $$$ on my phone insurance over the past 4 years 8(

    Anyway, I can find almost nothing on syncing Windows Mobile 6 with KMail, or
    even Linux in general. The other thing that annoys me is the 750 hides the
    data card under the battery making is a chore to get out to transfer files
    (I currently just pop out my SD card, stick it in the card slot on my
    laptop and synch playlist with Amarok.) Going to be much more inconvenient
    now (I'm sure this is a plan by the telcos to force people into downloading
    their music online instead)

    Mail I am not so concerned about as I will just sych over imap like to do
    now with my palm but what is the best way to sync my 2000+ contacts and
    many months of calendar entries?
    Also does anyone know if you can just hook up over bluetooth or USB to do a
    file transfer or mount as file system for music transfer? (Anyone know a
    good ogg/vorbis player for Windows Mobile?)

    My backup plan is to pay my insurance excess, get the 750 from vodafone,
    sell it and buy a Treo 680 as a grey import.

    Damn it, I thought I'd managed to avoid my MS tax, but now their claws are
    in my phone too... .argh!!

  2. Re: Windows Mobile 6 Sync KMail - Files - Amarok

    On Sun, 04 May 2008 22:28:01 +1200 John Howell
    wrote:

    > I'm currently using a Palm Treo 650 and OpenSuse 10.2 and syncs fine
    > with KMail, but as a replacement phone, Vodafone here in New Zealand
    > are only offering the Treo 500 or Treo 750 as replacement for my 650
    > under insurance as they don't have any PalmOS devices on sale. I feel
    > like I've just wasted $$$ on my phone insurance over the past 4 years
    > 8(

    Get yourself an unlocked GSM Palm Centro from expansys.com.au.
    (Actual page is http://tinyurl.com/4ulhjl)

    I had a 650, and the Centro seems to have fixed most of the niggling
    little bugs in the 650.

    I had it synching ok with Kontact, only issue I found was that the job
    titles would appear as the first part of the name.

+ Reply to Thread