Truecrypt - Suse

This is a discussion on Truecrypt - Suse ; I've been playing around with this today and got the base stuff working, but when I try to create a hidden container I get the message 'not supported on this platform', which is AMD64 / 10.3. The only 'hint' I ...

  1. Truecrypt

    I've been playing around with this today and got the base stuff working,
    but when I try to create a hidden container I get the message 'not
    supported on this platform', which is AMD64 / 10.3. The only 'hint' I can
    see of what might be wrong is that the Truecrypt is only giving me the
    option of formatting the TC volume/container as FAT, which seems just
    'wrong'. I know a couple of people here have played with it - any
    thoughts? What have I missed?

  2. Re: Truecrypt

    central wrote:
    > I've been playing around with this today and got the base stuff working,
    > but when I try to create a hidden container I get the message 'not
    > supported on this platform', which is AMD64 / 10.3. The only 'hint' I can
    > see of what might be wrong is that the Truecrypt is only giving me the
    > option of formatting the TC volume/container as FAT, which seems just
    > 'wrong'. I know a couple of people here have played with it - any
    > thoughts? What have I missed?

    You need an earlier version. The idiots at truecrypt forgot to put it
    in, while at the same time only making a GUI version for Linux.

    houghi
    | Artist : Noodweer
    | Song : In de disco
    | Album : Top 40

  3. Re: Truecrypt

    On Sat, 03 May 2008 01:45:46 +0200, houghi wrote:

    > central wrote:
    >> I've been playing around with this today and got the base stuff
    >> working, but when I try to create a hidden container I get the message
    >> 'not supported on this platform', which is AMD64 / 10.3. The only
    >> 'hint' I can see of what might be wrong is that the Truecrypt is only
    >> giving me the option of formatting the TC volume/container as FAT,
    >> which seems just 'wrong'. I know a couple of people here have played
    >> with it - any thoughts? What have I missed?

    > You need an earlier version. The idiots at truecrypt forgot to put it
    > in, while at the same time only making a GUI version for Linux.
    >
    > houghi

    Interesting concept: add a gui but remove core functionality... Anyway,
    thanks for the heads up, saves me wasting time working out what I was
    doing wrong

+ Reply to Thread