    What's wrong with it? When I start it I get this message:
    Your machine appears to be connected to an IPv6 network. By default
    linphone always uses IPv4. Please update your configuration if you want
    to use IPv6

    When I select preferences from the menu it crashes.

    --
    Blattus Slafaly ? 3 7/8

  2. Re: Linphone

    On 2008-04-30, Blattus Slafaly ? (3) ¼ wrote:
    > What's wrong with it? When I start it I get this message:
    > Your machine appears to be connected to an IPv6 network. By default
    > linphone always uses IPv4. Please update your configuration if you want
    > to use IPv6
    >
    > When I select preferences from the menu it crashes.

    It says it all in the message, doesn't it?

    http://en.opensuse.org/SDBisabling_IPv6_completely

    Vahis
    --
    Training new things here:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com

  3. Re: Linphone

    Vahis schreef:

    >> What's wrong with it? When I start it I get this message:
    >> Your machine appears to be connected to an IPv6 network. By default
    >> linphone always uses IPv4. Please update your configuration if you want
    >> to use IPv6
    >>
    >> When I select preferences from the menu it crashes.
    >>

    > It says it all in the message, doesn't it?

    Looks to me he thinks he has to change the configuration of linphone not of
    the system itself.
    Very logical if you ask me because it said linphone uses ipv4 by default
    and "Please update your configuration if you want to use IPv6", this
    assumes linphone can be configured so that it can use ipv6.
    Otherwise it should have said linphone cannot run on a system using ipv6.

    I don't have the software so i can't tell.
    --
    Chris Maaskant

  4. Re: Linphone

    On 2008-05-01, Chris Maaskant wrote:
    > Vahis schreef:
    >
    >>> What's wrong with it? When I start it I get this message:
    >>> Your machine appears to be connected to an IPv6 network. By default
    >>> linphone always uses IPv4. Please update your configuration if you want
    >>> to use IPv6
    >>>
    >>> When I select preferences from the menu it crashes.
    >>>

    >> It says it all in the message, doesn't it?

    > Looks to me he thinks he has to change the configuration of linphone not of
    > the system itself.
    > Very logical if you ask me because it said linphone uses ipv4 by default
    > and "Please update your configuration if you want to use IPv6", this
    > assumes linphone can be configured so that it can use ipv6.
    > Otherwise it should have said linphone cannot run on a system using ipv6.
    >
    > I don't have the software so i can't tell.

    Me neither.
    But since there's nothing you need ipv6 for it's simplest just to remove
    it. Or maybe I haven't heard the latest news about it when I think so?

    Vahis
    --
    Training new things here:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

  5. Re: Linphone

    Vahis wrote:
    > On 2008-04-30, Blattus Slafaly ? (3) ¼ wrote:
    >> What's wrong with it? When I start it I get this message:
    >> Your machine appears to be connected to an IPv6 network. By default
    >> linphone always uses IPv4. Please update your configuration if you want
    >> to use IPv6
    >>
    >> When I select preferences from the menu it crashes.
    >>

    > It says it all in the message, doesn't it?
    >
    > http://en.opensuse.org/SDBisabling_IPv6_completely
    >
    > Vahis

    This is in my boot.msg:
    Starting Firewall Initialization (phase 1 of 2) SuSEfirewall2: Warning:
    ip6tables does not support state matching. Extended IPv6 support disabled.
    done

    --
    Blattus Slafaly ف ٣

  6. Re: Linphone

    Vahis schreef:

    >> I don't have the software so i can't tell.

    > Me neither.
    > But since there's nothing you need ipv6 for it's simplest just to remove
    > it. Or maybe I haven't heard the latest news about it when I think so?

    As far as i know you don't need ipv6.
    Never used it anyway, and i never had trouble connecting to the net because
    of it.
    --
    Chris Maaskant

  7. Re: Linphone

    Vahis wrote:
    > Me neither.
    > But since there's nothing you need ipv6 for it's simplest just to remove
    > it. Or maybe I haven't heard the latest news about it when I think so?

    There are some IPv6 newsservers out there that feed binaries for free,
    but only over IPv6. However in general you are right and it can be
    turned off.

    houghi
    | Artist : U2
    | Song : Scarlet
    | Album : October

  8. Re: Linphone

    houghi wrote:
    > Vahis wrote:
    >> Me neither.
    >> But since there's nothing you need ipv6 for it's simplest just to remove
    >> it. Or maybe I haven't heard the latest news about it when I think so?

    > There are some IPv6 newsservers out there that feed binaries for free,
    > but only over IPv6. However in general you are right and it can be
    > turned off.
    >
    > houghi

    That's great. They come out with something new and you have to turn it
    off instead of use it. Quite retarded.

    --
    Blattus Slafaly ? 3 7/8

  9. Re: Linphone

    On Thu, 01 May 2008 16:48:20 +0200, houghi wrote:

    > Vahis wrote:
    >> Me neither.
    >> But since there's nothing you need ipv6 for it's simplest just to
    >> remove it. Or maybe I haven't heard the latest news about it when I
    >> think so?

    > There are some IPv6 newsservers out there that feed binaries for free,
    > but only over IPv6. However in general you are right and it can be
    > turned off.

    free binaries? Got any links??

  10. Re: Linphone

    central wrote: