System Memory - Suse

This is a discussion on System Memory - Suse ; I am running Suse 10.3 and was wondering what area could i find how much memory i am running , i do know that i have 2gigs memory , but i would like to know where can i see that ...

  1. System Memory

    I am running Suse 10.3 and was wondering what area could i find how much
    memory i am running , i do know that i have 2gigs memory , but i would like
    to know where can i see that within 10.3 .

    thanks

  2. Re: System Memory

    In article <510Rj.96850$Cj7.82566@pd7urf2no>,
    KR wrote:

    > I am running Suse 10.3 and was wondering what area could i find how much
    > memory i am running , i do know that i have 2gigs memory , but i would
    > like to know where can i see that within 10.3 .

    In Konqueror open address 'sysinfo:/' (without the quotes).

    Regards,
    Marcel

  3. Re: System Memory

    Marcel Bruinsma wrote:

    > In article <510Rj.96850$Cj7.82566@pd7urf2no>,
    > KR wrote:
    >
    >> I am running Suse 10.3 and was wondering what area could i find how
    >> much memory i am running , i do know that i have 2gigs memory , but i
    >> would like to know where can i see that within 10.3 .

    > In Konqueror open address 'sysinfo:/' (without the quotes).
    >
    > Regards,
    > Marcel

    He could just look in "My Computer" !
    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.

  4. Re: System Memory

    thanks for the info

    KR wrote:

    > I am running Suse 10.3 and was wondering what area could i find how much
    > memory i am running , i do know that i have 2gigs memory , but i would
    > like to know where can i see that within 10.3 .
    >
    > thanks

  5. Re: System Memory

    On 2008-04-27, KR wrote:
    > I am running Suse 10.3 and was wondering what area could i find how much
    > memory i am running , i do know that i have 2gigs memory , but i would like
    > to know where can i see that within 10.3 .
    >
    > thanks

    Run command:
    free

    More info (a lot more):

    dmidecode

    Vahis
    --
    Training new things here:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com

  6. Re: System Memory

    On 2008-04-27, KR wrote:
    > I am running Suse 10.3 and was wondering what area could i find how much
    > memory i am running , i do know that i have 2gigs memory , but i would like
    > to know where can i see that within 10.3 .
    >
    > thanks

    `cat /proc/meminfo `
    and
    `free -m `

    vb

  7. Re: System Memory

    KR wrote:
    > I am running Suse 10.3 and was wondering what area could i find how much
    > memory i am running , i do know that i have 2gigs memory , but i would like
    > to know where can i see that within 10.3 .
    >
    > thanks

    You could also run 'top' in a terminal windows.

    --
    Blattus Slafaly ? 3 7/8

+ Reply to Thread